Boiler servicing

Featured Posts

Hi all,

We just wondered if we could ask for some info please, we have had our wonderfull NB since July and have been racing to get all manor of jobs done before the winter arrives, now its the boilers turn! we have a Morco eco plus 6 litre, if its anything like the rest of our boat it would have been completely overlooked and I will not settle until it has been done.

Can anybody recommend someone for us to use, and any idea of what this may cost?

We are moored in Hinkley at Trinity marina.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Lee and Adelle

We just wondered if we could ask for some info please, we have had our wonderfull NB since July and have been racing to get all manor of jobs done before the winter arrives, now its the boilers turn! we have a Morco eco plus 6 litre, if its anything like the rest of our boat it would have been completely overlooked and I will not settle until it has been done.

Can anybody recommend someone for us to use, and any idea of what this may cost?

We are moored in Hinkley at Trinity marina.

The key thing at this time is ensuring it is winterised (assuming you are not using the boat) by draining the water off.

Servicing really is best done at the start of the season (getting all the spiders out of the burner etc.!)

The key thing at this time is ensuring it is winterised (assuming you are not using the boat) by draining the water off.

Servicing really is best done at the start of the season (getting all the spiders out of the burner etc.!)

Good advice form RobinJ, unless you are living aboard and using it through the winter, in which case I think you should get it checked out now. Most marinas and boatyards have a Gas Safe Register bod around qualified for boats who will do it for you. Ask in the office, or ask neighbours.

If you live aboard then the law requires you to use a GSR bod for gas work including servicing. Bear in mind not all GSR bods are qualified to work on boats, only a tiny sub-section of them. If the boat is not a home, then any old Tom Dick or Harry can legally do the gas work on it.

The manual for your Ecoplus can be found here. The service schedule is short and straightforward.

Mike

Good advice form RobinJ, unless you are living aboard and using it through the winter, in which case I think you should get it checked out now. Most marinas and boatyards have a Gas Safe Register bod around qualified for boats who will do it for you. Ask in the office, or ask neighbours.

If you live aboard then the law requires you to use a GSR bod for gas work including servicing. Bear in mind not all GSR bods are qualified to work on boats, only a tiny sub-section of them. If the boat is not a home, then any old Tom Dick or Harry can legally do the gas work on it.

The manual for your Ecoplus can be found here. The service schedule is short and straightforward.

Mike

Thanks Mike thats great!

I will have have an ask about as we will be onboard quite alot and it does need doing so will be looking to get it done asap.

Thanks again

Lee and adelle

To be absolutely accurate, it's fine to do work on your own gas kit even if you liveaboard, as long as your comptetant. (The law doesn't define competant.) What's illegal without a Gas Safe ticket is to work on other people's installations.

I don't think this is relevant to the OP, but it might be for others.

MP.