Winter mooring...

PiRSqwared

Featured Posts

Hello,

Getting into the bank at Dobb's Weir on the Lee is a bit of a lottery. The visitor mooring is ok, when it isn't being blocked by a melted broads widebeam cruiser:

8150208357_b7a69f147d.jpg

Hole in the water by articulator, on Flickr

and up by the lock is ok. But there is a stretch between these two which is to say the least rather shallow. We "moored" there today to visit the cafe for breakfast:

8150178636_ffd02e646f.jpg

Aground by articulator, on Flickr

CaRT are charging this as a winter mooring at £9.16 per metre per month. Does this include a discount for the need to walk levitate to the bank? I think we should be told!

Edited by PiRSqwared

CART have had loads of phone calls left about the melted boat

Possibly - but has the OP discussed his concerns about his proposed mooring with the local moorings manager.

That was what I asked...

Its been shallow like that up there as long as we've had the boat. Lots of the River Lee is like it. My mooring is the same and I pay 3 grand a year for it. I've tried so many times to get dredged but nothing, so I gave up.

But I shall try yet again because my neighbour has bought a Tjalk and her berth is too shallow for it. Wish me luck! :)

I don't think moorings wardens bother about the depth of moorings (be they permanent or winter), the guy who owns the big Tjalk moored next to me knows exactly what they are like and brought a yardstick down to our marina to check the depth when they told him they were moving him here. He draws nearly 5 feet and the water was all of about a foot deep.

Edited by Lady Muck

It isn't my proposed mooring...I'm in a lovely 5+ feet deep marina up on the Stort.

So what is your point?

If it is not suitable no-body will take it up, surely?

I ask again, have you raised this concern with CRT before you grandstanded on here?

So what is your point?

I ask again, have you raised this concern with CRT before you grandstanded on here?

Why does he have to report it to a mooring warden before posting on here? Is that requirement in the site rules-guidelines?

• Greenie 3

Why does he have to report it to a mooring warden before posting on here? Is that requirement in the site rules-guidelines?

I didn't say it needed reporting to a mooring warden.

I said it should be raised with the local moorings manager, I've spoken to ours on a couple of issues and found them responsive,

Give CRT a chance to respond before moaning on here is the point, which is of course not against the forum R&G;s which was never claimed.

I didn't say it needed reporting to a mooring warden.

I said it should be raised with the local moorings manager, I've spoken to ours on a couple of issues and found them responsive,

Give CRT a chance to respond before moaning on here is the point, which is of course not against the forum R&G;s which was never claimed.

Northerners moan, southerners comment. ;)

So what is your point?

Grandstanding? What on earth are you on about?

I think it's an interesting discussion, especially as I'd not seen the burnt out boat up there. If anyone is doing the grandstanding here it isn't the OP.

I think it's an interesting discussion, especially as I'd not seen the burnt out boat up there. If anyone is doing the grandstanding here it isn't the OP.

:clapping:

• Greenie 3

The point is perfectly clear but I will repeat it - have CRT been given proper opportunity to resolve the problem before complaining about it on here and potentially showing CRT in a bad light.

If it has been properly raised with them and they haven't responded then fine.

I'd give you a greenie but it appears that site crew can't get them.

Casp'

I've given you one in lieu of the one you wanted to give LM...bless.

I understand that a contractor has been appointed to move the sunken boat.

The owner was quoted elsewhere as suspecting arson (luckily he wasn't on the boat at the time) but the local paper says that the police are not treating it as suspicious. The bit between the official visitor moorings with bollards signage etc and the lock has always been shallow and not used for mooring until recently, I would be surprised though not a lot if it is being advertised for winter mooring. As said the visitor mooring is too short and the extended length too shallow.