IWA National Rally 2013

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

From the IWA Bulletin:

IWA National Festival 2013

IWA's 2013 National Festival is to be held at Cassiobury Park on the Grand Union Canal in Watford over the weekend of 19th to 21st July. IWA intends that this will form part of an IWA Summer Festival of London Waterways. Further information will be available shortly, and booking forms for boaters, campers and exhibitors should be available before the end of November.

So now you know where to aim for/avoid

Tim

Ummh that should be fun, hope the fix iron bridge lock before hand ( and a couple of others) or there will be some delays to all..

area lacks a decent ale pub though..

but on the other hands its just up the cut, so we will probably go by boat!

It does seem a bit of a strange place to hold it though don't you think. The last IWA festival I went to was held at beale park and the amount of boats that attended that, it does make you wonder where they will fit them all in along that stretch. It's quite shallow at the sides and the amount of trees overhang the canal severely restricts the width. But quite happy that its on my doorstep so to speak.

Darren

It does seem a bit of a strange place to hold it though don't you think. The last IWA festival I went to was held at beale park and the amount of boats that attended that, it does make you wonder where they will fit them all in along that stretch. It's quite shallow at the sides and the amount of trees overhang the canal severely restricts the width. But quite happy that its on my doorstep so to speak.

Darren

Beale Park is ideal for visiting boats because there's an enormous amount of room. The last one was at Shobnall Fields at Burton on Trent, and there were also lots of boats, with moorings on both sides in some places. The canal was down to a single boat width with passing places, which tested the skills of some helmsmen. Before the event, the wrgies cleared a lot of the overhanging undergrowth, to improve the moorings.

• 4 weeks later...

From the IWA Bulletin:

IWA National Festival 2013

IWA's 2013 National Festival is to be held at Cassiobury Park on the Grand Union Canal in Watford over the weekend of 19th to 21st July. IWA intends that this will form part of an IWA Summer Festival of London Waterways. Further information will be available shortly, and booking forms for boaters, campers and exhibitors should be available before the end of November.

So now you know where to aim for/avoid

Tim

Boat entry forms are now available:

https://www.waterways.org.uk/iwa/calendar/event/view?id=520

Tim

Being an IWA event, I'm surprised it's not being boycotted by all the boaters who feel they aren't being fully or fairly represented on the CaRT council, after the boaters seats conveniently went to IWA members. Maybe there should be a big CWDF banter somewhere miles away from Watford that weekend? Loughborough again, anyone? ;)

A splendid idea, have a greenie !

Chas

Edited by chas cass

Being an IWA event, I'm surprised it's not being boycotted by all the boaters who feel they aren't being fully or fairly represented on the CaRT council, after the boaters seats conveniently went to IWA members. Maybe there should be a big CWDF banter somewhere miles away from Watford that weekend? Loughborough again, anyone? ;)

Careful what you might be surprised at ;-)

Darren

They intend to install pontoons.

Excellent! So who else wants to come up north for the unIWA rally then? (and there was me being overjoyed that finally there was a boating event down south!)

:rolleyes: I'm gonna have to move back up north...

Go on then......arm is duly twisted! ;)