Negative thread on another forum

MrsB

Featured Posts

Yes, damn them for undoing all of my good work at scaring people into not asking 'is it cold on a boat in winter!'

Does anyone REALLY wear thick socks and walking boots with the stove on and STILL feel cold?!

Depends what else you're wearing, I guess…

Thanks for the sub thread about venom vs poison, btw. Fascinating!

I was so cross at the doom and gloom written by the lady in question, that I did actually reply. I have also met this couple on several occassions and always feel the need to hide sharp instruments afterwads!

I really can't believe they are still on boats, You would have given up if life was really that bad, surely.I am afraid with some people not only is the glass half empty but it's cracked and dirty as well. :rolleyes:

You've met me & the missus then! depressed.gif

:lol:

I might write an article on the doom and gloom of living in bricks and mortar. Ohh, I could go on for days.

I couldn't even be bothered to read all that, the clown picture was bad enough. Oh, isn't it terrible living in a narrowboat? Well don't then. Simples.

Snakes? I saw one once when I was walking in Cornwall, I saw a couple in the garden when we had a house in France, and my friend has one in a vivarium. They are very attractive creatures who generally go about their own business, as far as I know.

You will get a few spiders on your boat, but they are handy little chaps who keep the flies away. They don't leap on you, they have their own little corner, sometimes they'll abseil down a few inches but if you blow on them gently, they'll scuttle back up and continue with their day.

I must admit to being nervous about vandals and robbers and suchlike, but the longer I own the boat and the more places I visit, the more confident I have become. Someone could be breaking into my house right now, as I sit typing this at work. No point worrying, we're insured.

And the privacy thing is just curtains, really. I quite like folk looking at my boat. If I'm undressed, I close the curtains, same as I do in my house.

In fact, before we'd bought a boat, we were invited inside several, by proud owners who extolled the virtues of living aboard and to them I say :cheers: , because it's the best thing we ever bought.

Yes, damn them for undoing all of my good work at scaring people into not asking 'is it cold on a boat in winter!'

Does anyone REALLY wear thick socks and walking boots with the stove on and STILL feel cold?!

Not since getting an ecofan :cheers:

I'm not speaking with forked tongue, but. The swimming snakes could also get on by it. They've even been known to slip into and slither up the exhaust pipe and suddenly pop out of the engines air intake all sooty looking with little beady eyes peering around.

No ordinary ladder would be strong enough to bear the weight and might of ''The GIANT Anaconda''though, another Constricta, big enough to squeeze a w/beam boat and all its contents into a narrow beam boat, if Mrs B is ever confronted by one of those on the canal as they are good swimmers, not much hope i'm afraid. :closedeyes:

Don't believe him Mrs,if one o them comes near mi widebeam ittle be too much ter swalla.