Short-term residential moorings

green_starfish

Featured Posts

Hi,

I'm new to boating and looking at getting my first live aboard boat. I'd like to moor somewhere for a couple of months and then move on for a bit of variety, and am wondering about the availability of suitable moorings. Is it easy to find somewhere for this amount of time? I'd be very flexible on location, starting in the north of England, and prefer rural areas.

Thanks,

John

This depends on what you mean by "moor somewhere for a couple of months". If you are prepared to move your boat every couple of weeks albeit half a mile down the canal each time, then move to a completely new place every 6 to 8 weeks, you should be OK as a Continuous Cruiser (CCer). Over the Winter you'd be able to get a BW wiInter mooring if you wanted to stay put for 3 or 4 months don't know.

If you really do want to stay put for 2 months at a time then you'll need to keep on finding marinas that can put you up for your stay.

This depends on what you mean by "moor somewhere for a couple of months". If you are prepared to move your boat every couple of weeks albeit half a mile down the canal each time, then move to a completely new place every 6 to 8 weeks, you should be OK as a Continuous Cruiser (CCer).

Why do you have to move to a completely new place every 6 to 8 weeks?

If you are moving your boat "albeit" half a mile every two weeks then you are engaged in a continuous journey.