Escaping on the boat tomorrow

churchward

Featured Posts

Having completed my last day at work yesterday we are off on our boat for a holiday before coming back and sorting out the house and our retired life. I am not sure I when I shall return (what a great feeling not to be tied to a specific date!) and I shall be going dark for the duration as I am not taking a laptop with me.

We are not sure which direction to go in yet so it we will be either going down to Oxford from Brinklow and onto the Thames or up and around the four counties. So it will be a left or right hand turn out of the marina we will see how the mood takes me.

So if you see us out on Lady Moonlight give us a wave.

• Greenie 1

Having completed my last day at work yesterday we are off on our boat for a holiday before coming back and sorting out the house and our retired life. I am not sure I when I shall return (what a great feeling not to be tied to a specific date!) and I shall be going dark for the duration as I am not taking a laptop with me.

We are not sure which direction to go in yet so it we will be either going down to Oxford from Brinklow and onto the Thames or up and around the four counties. So it will be a left or right hand turn out of the marina we will see how the mood takes me.

So if you see us out on Lady Moonlight give us a wave.

Enjoy the trip and enjoy the feeling of retirement, just a tad envious,

Nev NB Waterlily

Shall we recognise your boat by its Great Western Railawy fittings and livery (as per your forum name?)

Have a great extended cruise and don't bother setting the alarm clock!

Sadly no. No Green with copper caped chimney or chocolate and cream. We bought the boat 2nd hand a few years ago and she is predominately blue with a cream stripe.

One of the things I would like to do is paint her now that I am retired as the paint is a bit faded. So sometime, perhaps next year I will look to hire a dock facility and paint her under cover. I haven't decided on colour scheme though.

Edited by churchward

Sadly no. No Green with copper caped chimney or chocolate and cream. We bought the boat 2nd hand a few years ago and she is predominately blue with a cream stripe.

One of the things I would like to do is paint her now that I am retired as the paint is a bit faded. So sometime, perhaps next year I will look to hire a dock facility and paint her under cover. I haven't decided on colour scheme though.

Have you read Towpath Talk for September. There is a bit on DIY panting at the Little Ouse moorings

How wonderful, I'm so envious.

I'm a bit sad you're not taking a computer as it would be lovely to read how you're doing, and see some photos. Don't blame you though, it's a pain writing things up every day.

Enjoy!

Zayna x