Interesting wooden boat

Barry

Featured Posts

Spotted this boat yesterday on the Macclesfield canal just after the top of the Bosley flight

Thought it was an absolute beauty

Does anyone know anything about it?

P1030211.jpg

P1030212.jpg

P1030213.jpg

Edited by Bazza2

Spotted this boat yesterday on the Macclesfield canal just after the top of the Bosley flight

Thought it was an absolute beauty

Does anyone know anything about it?

It looks like one of the boats built by Taylors of Chester. There are still a few really good examples around

It reminds me a great deal of a slimmed down Broads cruiser

Boat's name is 'Tamburo' if that helps the detectives

taken from canalscape

"There was a marina at the junction of the Upper and Lower peak Forest Canals with the Macclesfield Canal and I noticed the glint of varnished mahogany on one of the mooring piers. The boat in question looked like a Taylor boat that used to moor at Nantwich many years ago. I walked over to investigate and take photographs. The boat was called "Tamburo" and I had a chat with the owner who informed me that it wasn't a Taylor but was built to one of their designs by Charles Martin of Rock Ferry, Birkenhead. Even so it was a very beautiful craft and warrants a photograph here even if it was partially covered up."

Edited by Bazza2

Hi all,

We were moored opposite the Social Club at Marple a few weeks ago, I think it was this beauty that moved out of the moorings there, winded and returned to what appeared to be her usual mooring on the main line of the Upper Peak Forest. If so, she sounds just as good as she looks.

Mike