Appeal - Chesterfield Canal

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Having just had my donation from Crowd Cube back in trying to save Darlington Football club, then the lock gets it.

All I have to do now is arrange a visit, any chance of putting the wife behind my contribution? :o))

Thanks Dave - if you do arrange a vist be sure to let us know and will will have to make sure there is a pint lined up in a local hostelry for you - you will need it if every the misses reads what you put!

(Thinks - is this 'brick-mail'?)

Ouch! - where is that coat faeirie when you need them! :)

I really should have left that until the topic had sunk a bit further down the page!

It is ok - there is no rationing on how many times you are allowed to comment so you can always come back later and post again - it might just jog someone's memory who was going to get around to it (across all the world's time zones)

It is ok - there is no rationing on how many times you are allowed to comment so you can always come back later and post again - it might just jog someone's memory who was going to get around to it (across all the world's time zones)

No, but I've a limited brain and hate "bump" almost as much as mods do. My plan is to keep the message on the first page until Monday, posting every five minutes will do for me :) Really should let it sink a bit further down before chipping in.

I was wondering how many people might be online around the world in different time zones (or even shift workers) that might be prepared to bump this up for us throught the night but it appears the rest of the world can relax and enjoy their weekend because John is going to post every five minutes between now and when he gets his beer tokens!

I have no idea where abouts you are John but I sincerely hope someone nearby will include you in their next round so you don't have to wait until Monday for your beer tokens .......... and as for posting here to keep it on the first page until Monday - relax.

Someone will be along to help soon. They might even buy a brick while they are at it! :cheers:

I was wondering how many people might be online around the world in different time zones (or even shift workers) that might be prepared to bump this up for us throught the night but it appears the rest of the world can relax and enjoy their weekend because John is going to post every five minutes between now and when he gets his beer tokens!

I have no idea where abouts you are John but I sincerely hope someone nearby will include you in their next round so you don't have to wait until Monday for your beer tokens .......... and as for posting here to keep it on the first page until Monday - relax.

Someone will be along to help soon. They might even buy a brick while they are at it! :cheers:

Argh! Bad phrasing, posting every five minutes would do me in!

<do you like my rosy cheeks>

another brick in the wall .... (apologies for appalling misuse of a lyric !)

Thank you CV32 - I am sure any brick emanating from that post code will be lovely one - that is where my motorcycle came from and if your brick gives boaters using The Chesterfield Canal one tenth of the amount of pleasure my bike has given me then everyone will be happy. :)

I am quite sure that Pink Floyd would have no problem at all if evey forum member blatantly stole their lyric in this instance :)

I'm trying incredibly hard to think of something witty and erudite to say and failing miserably - story of my life!

Aha! But isn't that the thing with the brick joke - the start of the joke is not funny at all ....... we all just wait for it to reappear in the punchline of another joke!

Thanks for keeping it on the first page overnight.

Today is another day and it is a good positive feeling day for me - I think the sunrise outside my front door had a little to do with that.

488227_10151098403084070_81508220_n.jpg

At times like this I wish I was seeing that sunrise on the canal instead of from bricks and mortar. The Chesterfield canal is about half a mile from my home in the direction of that sunrise - we cannot get the boat there yet though as there are still 8½ miles to restore. For the next stage we need to get this £3,500 raised before November - so do we have anyone who could buy a brick this morning?

Sorry it's took a while for someone to come on here and thank everyone; I've been on holiday and am just catching up on the email backlog!

Can I, on behalf of the Trustees of the Chesterfield Canal Trust thank everyone for their contributions received to date. Together with the redirected beer funds(!), our appeal thermometer is sat at £790 - 25% of the way to our required total. You can view it on-line here:

http://www.chesterfield-canal-trust.org.uk/index.php/latest-news/closing-the-gap/361-we-need-your-help

If anyone has any specific questions about the Trust, this campaign or anything else to do with the Chesterfield, if I can't answer them myself, I probably know someone that can.

Thanks again everyone!

Aha! But isn't that the thing with the brick joke - the start of the joke is not funny at all ....... we all just wait for it to reappear in the punchline of another joke!

Thanks for keeping it on the first page overnight.

Today is another day and it is a good positive feeling day for me - I think the sunrise outside my front door had a little to do with that.

488227_10151098403084070_81508220_n.jpg

At times like this I wish I was seeing that sunrise on the canal instead of from bricks and mortar. The Chesterfield canal is about half a mile from my home in the direction of that sunrise - we cannot get the boat there yet though as there are still 8½ miles to restore. For the next stage we need to get this £3,500 raised before November - so do we have anyone who could buy a brick this morning?

OK. And one from me

snip <our appeal thermometer is sat at £790 - 25% of the way to our required total.>

Wow! you guys have all made such a difference already!

Tuscan has already upped that total thank you :cheers:

I wonder if how soon we can get it over the £1000 mark?