plank&pole rack

Featured Posts

hi, i,ve got a 30ft nb, and every time, it seems,i get the centre rope caught or snagged on the pole and plank racks, so, i,m thinking of getting rid of them, i think i,ll only need a pole and that can be stowed nearer the bow end, any thoughts would be greatly recieved, cheers for now

Take it off, but retain it. Boat for a week or two without it and see if you think it is an improvement. If not, put it back.

Shafts without a home tend to gravitate to the handrails where they are a PITA when you need to grab the handrail quickly.

N

Can you not move the rack to the front of the boat?

If you leave your pole on the roof it will not only, as has already been said, always bee at the edge and in the way of the handrail, it will be sitting in a puddle of water and the bottom will be wet more often than it is dry meaning it will rot through much faster.

You are bound to find you want a plank and if you leave that on the roof then the area under it will soon start to suffer from being damp and you will have rust bubbling up through the paintwork

Two ropes is also a good plan!