Would it be a sin to have one of these

DeanS

Featured Posts

Is it a sin to comtemplate having THIS as my widebeam horn.

I'd actually like one that is manually squeezed...(no wiring, like the old vintage car horns)...if anyone has any ideas....else I'll just go for a klaxon thingiemabob. (although Dixie would be hilarious)

No sin, as long as you wear a drape jacket, crepe soled shoes, drainpipe trousers and reckon that Charlie Feathers was the king of 'em all.

Oh, and as long as you cruise only VERY remote waterways. May I recommend the Sixteen Foot Drain, though it is a bit close to the road.

Have whatever you want - it's your boat.

I listen to others when it comes to what equipment or systems are practical to have on my boat. But if it's just a question of what others will think I really couldn't care less.

Do your own thing Dean (apart from combining your 240v and 12v systems! :P )

I'd actually like one that is manually squeezed...(no wiring, like the old vintage car horns)...if anyone has any ideas....else I'll just go for a klaxon thingiemabob. (although Dixie would be hilarious)

no it wont though it probably sounded better on my old mini! got for it you know you want to..............

You don't need steam to blow a powerful brass steam whistle, air will do it just as well. Just pump up a decent sized receiver with a cheap 12v car tyre inflator. PHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Go for it Dean. The sin is using a font like this in my posts and dragging a signature like that around :unsure:

:cheers:

I think you should consider one of these:

Growing up just down the road from there, that's the sound of my childhood.

If only you could see the reams of paperwork and planning, to be used by schools etc. if ever the siren were to go off at any time other than 10am Monday morning.... all children kept in school, released only to a named adult or an adult known personally to teachers, etc.

And your thread title just made me think of this....

It was number one on the day I was born!

A boat that used to moor near Wigram's Turn, Firkham Hall, had a similar set up. Ask David Schweizer about it!

The boat is now for sale at Braunston Marina.

IMHO it sounded silly when I heard it used.

How would it be used to signal your intentions?

Used to drive a Peterbilt truck in the US, horns played 'Dixie' switchable to the normal US type air horns. rann off a 24v compressor, and small receiver if memory serves, absolutely wonderful.

A mate of mine has a set in his garage which used to play Colonel Bogey, wonder if hes still got them.

Edited by larkshall