Oh God, this is ace...

Zayna

Featured Posts

I'm jealous :cheers:

Hopefully we collect our boat next week, hubby trying to get leave from work, at the moment they're stopping any leave due to the games :angry: Boat should have been ready last month but got delayed.

Ann

Ah, it must be Summer time.

When you are having a good time, there is always a temptation to make a lot of noise, and this attracts the attention of others who then want in as well, and when too many people get involved, life gets more complicated. So it is necessary to be somewhat furtive in your enjoyment (but no less heartfelt) as I am - after two years. It is deep down good.

But on the surface we have to be more realistic(!) (ie discouraging) or the canals will fill up.

So, only six months until the frosts, guys!

Great to see so many happy with their lifestyle choice, a great encouragement to people like us in the throws of this decision it is big gamble and very scary when planing it and the old out of frying pan into fire thoughts are in your head! We will have to make our minds up and jump in or out soon as no2 house is sold and no1 house has a keen renter wanting to move in! My head is like a garbage processor with a thousand different thoughts and options, ifs and buts swirling round and round. After the last 4 years in my job (Worked there 30 years in total) working through a very stressful and difficult period, that my family feel has near put me in a bad place health wise. However I am sure we will not regret it whichever way we go, we just need to get our heads clear? after all its either this or go get another job for the next 5 years to make it a lot simpler financially to do it in the future?

David and Doreen

Zayna, if you can be smitten in Nuneaton, you can be smitten just about anyplace.

Not sure which direction you're going in; The Anchor (or possibly Anker, there is a local river of that name) pub at Hartshill is a good stop - or used to be when we moored nearby at Springwood Haven. If you're going the other way, turn left on to the Ashby Canal and after you've got through Hinckley (good waterside pub: Lime Kilns near the A5) you have 20 miles of winding pastoral tranquillity. Not many shops though, so if you go that way, stock up.

Yes, Yes, Yes. I am in my fourth year and love it too. I thought it couldn't get much better but I am on my first really lengthy cruise and am loving it. So far I've been waved at on the T and M, Staffs and Worcester, Shroppie, Llangollen, Maccy and Peak Forest. Yes, I've met the occasional grump but mostly people have been lovely, the canals (mostly) wonderful and despite it being the summer holidays, not at all busy. And best of all, when I get back to my mooring, I'll still be living on my boat! :P

Zayna, if you can be smitten in Nuneaton, you can be smitten just about anyplace.

Not sure which direction you're going in; The Anchor (or possibly Anker, there is a local river of that name) pub at Hartshill is a good stop - or used to be when we moored nearby at Springwood Haven. If you're going the other way, turn left on to the Ashby Canal and after you've got through Hinckley (good waterside pub: Lime Kilns near the A5) you have 20 miles of winding pastoral tranquillity. Not many shops though, so if you go that way, stock up.

Mike. They are going north, very North in fact to gods country, Lancashire!!!! So your first choice of stop will be the one if they don't plough on further today.

Martyn