I'm such a dirty, dirty girl...

Featured Posts

Even I am 'normal' enough to appreciate indoor plumbing!

In other news, Matty dropped his jigsaw in the cut today (while it was pluged in...) and narrowly avoided going in after it. I turned around at the sound of a strangled expletive just in time to hear the loud 'splash' and see Matty pulling off some kind of ninja warrior tuck and roll move to land on the pontoon rather than in the gap between boat and land... :lol:

Hopefully the jigsaw will dry out and be ok, as apparently it was not a cheapie one! The possible damage to the pricey jigsaw did reduce my laughter by a small amount. 'Small' being the word.

Copy/ pasted from where I was filling in Mrs. T on work so far...

Well week two of Operation Dirty Girl is now well under way, and progress is definitely being made. Matty has been taking pictures as he goes along as I am steering well clear as much as possible and am just waiting for Matty to send me some pics to post in the thread. Tomorrow the glittery panels go in, and the main part of the new internal walls are in and the watertank was put in today.

A hole was duly drilled in the hull for the water tank overflow, which MB didn't tell me about at the time he was doing it... For no particular reason I am sure... And I now have a tiny little disc of shiny hull in my possession that has impressed me rather a lot seeing the thickness and condition and possibly made me less lairy of sinking at every turn (no, the survey was not good enough to convince me...)

Matty is still well equipped with Marmite (my little cat called Marmite actually, who has been 'helping' a lot with the work, begging for food and generally getting in the way at every turn) but did run out of milk for tea today, which as anyone who knows Matty will realise, is an untenable situation and one which was swiftly rectified.

MB still has all of his fingers and thumbs and is putting them to good use extracting his credit card from his wallet regularly while running around buying all of the extra things we are finding that we need as we go along.

Reginald's tug deck is currently covered in the random detritus of Wendy May's innards awaiting eventually being taken to the tip. We have today managed to pish off a couple of the Friends of Raymond owners/ volunteers who appeared to have unfortunately had extreme difficulty negotiating past the stuff that we had on the pontoon to get to Raymond, but soldiered on anyway in a meaningful if rather grumpy manner past the planks of wood which were taking up all but three feet of the width of the four foot wide pontoon and ignored our greetings, before asking the marina office to intervene in asking us to remove everything that was not on the boats asap, which we have duly done as much as is possible at this point.

Obviously we are doing our best not to inconvenience anyone else by doing the work, but with Raymond being the only boat further down the pontoon than us that we had not had the opportunity to speak to about the work, and having been out for a good while and only re-appearing this week, we didn't realise it would be here nor have the opportunity to speak to them about the work going on first as I have been able to with all of the other regularly used boats nearby, but still I must admit I felt it was a bit churlish to not even acknowledge us or speak to us first hand about the problem they encountered or even respond to our 'hello's.' Hey ho!

Very grateful to the marina office for allowing us to carry out the work onsite here and even arranging another boat to move to a different mooring for the duration in order to allow Reginald to moor as close as possible to my boat for ease of operation, and hoping to be all done and dusted with the main bulk of the work by the end of the week!

Well week two of Operation Dirty Girl is now well under way, and progress is definitely being made. Matty has been taking pictures as he goes along as I am steering well clear as much as possible and am just waiting for Matty to send me some pics to post in the thread. Tomorrow the glittery panels go in, and the main part of the new internal walls are in and the watertank was put in today.

A hole was duly drilled in the hull for the water tank overflow, which MB didn't tell me about at the time he was doing it... For no particular reason I am sure... And I now have a tiny little disc of shiny hull in my possession that has impressed me rather a lot seeing the thickness and condition and possibly made me less lairy of sinking at every turn (no, the survey was not good enough to convince me...)

Matty is still well equipped with Marmite (my little cat called Marmite actually, who has been 'helping' a lot with the work, begging for food and generally getting in the way at every turn) but did run out of milk for tea today, which as anyone who knows Matty will realise, is an untenable situation and one which was swiftly rectified.

MB still has all of his fingers and thumbs and is putting them to good use extracting his credit card from his wallet regularly while running around buying all of the extra things we are finding that we need as we go along.

Reginald's tug deck is currently covered in the random detritus of Wendy May's innards awaiting eventually being taken to the tip. We have today managed to pish off a couple of the Friends of Raymond owners/ volunteers who appeared to have unfortunately had extreme difficulty negotiating past the stuff that we had on the pontoon to get to Raymond, but soldiered on anyway in a meaningful if rather grumpy manner past the planks of wood which were taking up all but three feet of the width of the four foot wide pontoon and ignored our greetings, before asking the marina office to intervene in asking us to remove everything that was not on the boats asap, which we have duly done as much as is possible at this point.

Obviously we are doing our best not to inconvenience anyone else by doing the work, but with Raymond being the only boat further down the pontoon than us that we had not had the opportunity to speak to about the work, and having been out for a good while and only re-appearing this week, we didn't realise it would be here nor have the opportunity to speak to them about the work going on first as I have been able to with all of the other regularly used boats nearby, but still I must admit I felt it was a bit churlish to not even acknowledge us or speak to us first hand about the problem they encountered or even respond to our 'hello's.' Hey ho!

Very grateful to the marina office for allowing us to carry out the work onsite here and even arranging another boat to move to a different mooring for the duration in order to allow Reginald to moor as close as possible to my boat for ease of operation, and hoping to be all done and dusted with the main bulk of the work by the end of the week!

..............and breathe...........

It'll all come together soon.......the 'M' team sound like they are doing a fab job......I think....... :unsure:

Ah yes, met Raymond and crew, on the cut at lindslade. Happily speeding along, oblivious of other boaters, seemingly believing they are a cut above. Perhaps you should have given one of them a toilet roll ;-)

Well the installation is dragging on but the sparkly shower is looking GRATE!

http://s767.photobuc...nt=IMG_0978.jpg

http://i767.photobuc...er/IMG_0978.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0975.jpg

All the rest of the fotos I took on Friday are in the same album at photobucket....

Mike

P.S. Bugger, can anyone make the link display the image????

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

HAY how did you do THAT??????????????

:D

after you add image make sure you dont have 2 --- if you do delete one at each end :P

damnit i cant post it, img and /img in the brackets

Edited by GoodGurl

It's looking good!

Mrs. Athy and I were in Braunston at the beginning of the week, moored Trojan more or less opposite the Boatshed or whatever that big pub is called. We did have a walk around the marina, where we found that Mr. Tim does not sell raddle red paint and indeed appears not to be familiar with it, but did not find Wendy May/ Springy. I guess we should have looked for a boat surrounded by rubble.

That looks AMAZING!

You are doing a fantastic job of it. :clapping:

Thanks you but it's Matty doing the work not me. All credit to him!

I helped with the planning stages but now I'm just the fetcher and carrier. The next task is to reconstruct the bedroom which had to be totally stripped out to make space for the shower and new water tank

The goal is to get this totally finished by Wednesday. Then we'll have Thursday to get all Starry's stuff (in particular the cats) moved out of Reg and back onto Springy, so Reg can go to the Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering. If it isn't finished in time, we can't we can't take Reg to Alvecote.

All down to Matty now. We are relying on Matty!!

Mike

:) looks really nice, I will be soon sorting out my shower, and need to find a place which supples a nice waterproof surround as my shower area is only lickle, and at present is tongue& grove with tiles only around the shower area :( What suppliers should I google for ?? as I am concerned about too much much steam in such a tiny space, even with the window opened. So any advice much appreciated :)

:) looks really nice, I will be soon sorting out my shower, and need to find a place which supples a nice waterproof surround as my shower area is only lickle, and at present is tongue& grove with tiles only around the shower area :( What suppliers should I google for ?? as I am concerned about too much much steam in such a tiny space, even with the window opened. So any advice much appreciated :)

Tree,

Look here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/decorcladdingshop?_trksid=p4340.l2563

:)

Mike

Work started on my new bed base today... Yay! There's light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not an oncoming train.

I suspect Matty has had more than enough of seeing the inside of my boat by now! It's all of the details and silly shit like fixing little problems that come up for no good reason that seem to cause so much hassle. Very excited about my new bed though!