Raised steel name letters

Featured Posts

Most decent sign companies will get some cut for you, or as others have said a plasma or laser cutter will do the job, how tall do you envisage the letters being?

I was going to say, most towns have a laser job shop, which will cut them out of an off cut of 3m mild for a sensible price.

Assuming there out the way bedding them on PU sealant/adhesive (ie, sika/tiger/etc) sounds good, although if there going lower down where they may get boat-boat contact like the tunnel bands I would have holes cut in them and plug weld them.

Daniel

• 2 months later...

Vixen004_zps91936780.jpgVixen002_zpsbccdbf85.jpg

Hi, just to conclude this topic i have inserted a few pictures of the letters welded onto the boat hull, a bit rough around the edges but what i expected. Thanks again for the contacts. I used CYMARC engineering at Scunthorpe, just under £50 for fifteen 100mm high letters of 4mm mild steel.

Vixen004_zps91936780.jpgVixen002_zpsbccdbf85.jpg

Hi, just to conclude this topic i have inserted a few pictures of the letters welded onto the boat hull, a bit rough around the edges but what i expected. Thanks again for the contacts. I used CYMARC engineering at Scunthorpe, just under £50 for fifteen 100mm high letters of 4mm mild steel.

Small world really, i met the guy who runs cymarc, we were on a campsite in the cotswolds, only a few weeks back as well!

He rides the same bikes as me BMW GS's

I got their details from 'hovrin' (Keith) on this thread although i think the code given is for Grimsby and not Scunthorpe. just two of the numbers the wrong way around. I got a car dealer in Grimsby to start with. I couldn't find anyone closer with a plasma cutter. I would use them again,they were good to deal with.

Sorry if I got the number wrong. I live in Grimsby and the code is very similar (01472/01724).

If I remember I had had a long day and my failing memory must have got the better of me. :wacko:

Anyway I'm glad they were able to help.

We use these letters on our driveway gates occasionally. They're not worth fabricating so we buy in the letters in different sizes and styles from several component companies. Try googling ''Brundle wrought iron components'' or ''rourkes ironworks'' both will sell direct to public.

Les

I've just tried those links, but Rourkes seem sadly to have just gone out of business.