How much room is there to moor in Coventry?

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

I need to leave our pair of boats in Coventry for a couple of days. Does anyone know how much room there is in the basin?

As an aside, why does it costs four times as much to get the train to London from Leicester as it does from Coventry?

I need to leave our pair of boats in Coventry for a couple of days. Does anyone know how much room there is in the basin?

As an aside, why does it costs four times as much to get the train to London from Leicester as it does from Coventry?

The basin is a y shape and the visitor moorings are on the inside of the V at the top of the Y if that makes any sense. There is enough for your pair, however, you may need to split them up. You can get 3 70ft along one side, and just one on the other as there is a swing bridge (unless you can get someone to unlock it.

I wouldn't put the pair on the mooring in front of Old Friends in the photo, as that bit is the winding point and its a popular hire boat destination at this time of year!!

29032000714.jpg

Edited by matty40s

Because the London and Birmingham Railway went through Coventry in the 1830's, not Leicester

Richard

The pricing of train travel is a dark art enshrined in the mysts of time, basically they think of a price and double it, subtract the figure they first thought of minus the age of the person doing the calculation, add in the age of their grandmother multiplied by her husbands age minus 26 and divided by 100...

... and that's how it's done...

The basin is a y shape and the visitor moorings are on the inside of the V at the top of the Y if that makes any sense. There is enough for your pair, however, you may need to split them up. You can get 3 70ft along one side, and just one on the other as there is a swing bridge (unless you can get someone to unlock it.

Thanks Matty. I was just wondering whether it gets full at this time of year.

There was only one other boat in the basin with us when we moored there two weekends ago. The swing bridge is open so there is enough bank side mooring for 3 70ft boats in the left arm and 4 in the right. CCTV in the basin should give you some peace of mind. The lady who owns the comic book store is friendly to boaters and may keep an eye on them of you pop in and introduce yourself.