Wooden windows

EdHopwood

Featured Posts

Hi Folks, I'm about to embark on fitting new windows into my widebeam as the old ones are neglected and barely functioning. As I'm a joiner by trade I thought I'd make full hopper windows( double Glazed) sit them in flush to the outside edge and bridge the gap with Anodised Aluminium section sealed with silicone. Doe's anyone think this is a bad idea? the only issue I have is not being able to find aluminium section for the 90 degree bends at the bottom corners of each window so I may have to grind them out square. I'm concerned the windows will dodgy with no rounded corners but struggling to accommodate them whilst having a good seal at the bottoms. I also thought of going dutch barge style and reccessing them back in a little but then I'll still have the weatherproofing problem at the bottom. You may say just buy Aluminium ones of course but don't really have 2 grand to spare :)

Ed