If you are near Saltaire...

Featured Posts

Last week, I had the luck to help a friend take a boat from Bingley to Saltaire - what a day's pleasure.

One moment of great delight was stopping for a cup of tea at Hirst Lock, near Saltaire. A charming elderly man had a homemade cart, on which he brewed and served both coffee and tea: the service was friendly, the tea tasty, the price an utterly fair 40p. He could have charged more - the cafe barge at Saltaire certainly did - but he didn't; his costs were low; his prices were low. A good man. I hope he succeeeds.

Last week, I had the luck to help a friend take a boat from Bingley to Saltaire - what a day's pleasure.

One moment of great delight was stopping for a cup of tea at Hirst Lock, near Saltaire. A charming elderly man had a homemade cart, on which he brewed and served both coffee and tea: the service was friendly, the tea tasty, the price an utterly fair 40p. He could have charged more - the cafe barge at Saltaire certainly did - but he didn't; his costs were low; his prices were low. A good man. I hope he succeeeds.

I wonder if he's a relative of Joe Lyons?

Cheers - we'll look out for him, we are planning to head over the L&L for our July trip.

Hi Geoffrey sorry to have missed you I am not far from Bingley and plan to go down the 5 and 3 today. I hope it isn't that Yorkshire Tea stuff!!!

Hi Geoffrey sorry to have missed you I am not far from Bingley and plan to go down the 5 and 3 today. I hope it isn't that Yorkshire Tea stuff!!!

Hi John

Sod the tea. Get in a taxi and visit the saltaire brewery or find a local shop/supermarket ( Asda ) for one that stocks their "Triple Chocoholic" beer in bottles and buy a few dozen..............Fab :cheers:

Tim

Hi John

Sod the tea. Get in a taxi and visit the saltaire brewery or find a local shop/supermarket ( Asda ) for one that stocks their "Triple Chocoholic" beer in bottles and buy a few dozen..............Fab :cheers:

Tim

You don't need a taxi Tim, the brewery's in Shipley, just down the road from Dockfield Road bridge and personally I prefer Saltaire Blonde.

:cheers:

Dave

You don't need a taxi Tim, the brewery's in Shipley, just down the road from Dockfield Road bridge and personally I prefer Saltaire Blonde.

:cheers:

Dave

Hi Dave

Yeah it sure is but being as john is of a certain age :lol: I thought the Taxi would help with the weight of a few dozen bottles :cheers:

Tim