Finally Free!

Mandy

Featured Posts

Having lived on my boat for 3 years, endured 3 interesting winters and having frightened myself silly as a lone boater, I am finally experiencing the best about boating. I have quit my wage slave, soul destroyingly boring job and have set sail (figuratively) into the blue yonder. Actually it is more grey than blue at present as it is hissing down and I am moored up for the day at Wolseley Bridge on the T and M.

Having only been allowed 2 weeks out at a time while working, I am now intending to be out for 3 months. I'm planning to go down the Staffs and Worcester then up the Shroppie, across to the Maccy and on to the Peak Forest. Give us a wave if you see 'Don't Panic' and please forgive any silly mistakes I might make in your presence!! :captain:

Having lived on my boat for 3 years, endured 3 interesting winters and having frightened myself silly as a lone boater, I am finally experiencing the best about boating. I have quit my wage slave, soul destroyingly boring job and have set sail (figuratively) into the blue yonder. Actually it is more grey than blue at present as it is hissing down and I am moored up for the day at Wolseley Bridge on the T and M.

Having only been allowed 2 weeks out at a time while working, I am now intending to be out for 3 months. I'm planning to go down the Staffs and Worcester then up the Shroppie, across to the Maccy and on to the Peak Forest. Give us a wave if you see 'Don't Panic' and please forgive any silly mistakes I might make in your presence!! :captain:

have a great time Mandy

Off at last Mandy! Have a great time! (I'm sure you will!!) we'll all miss you and Bonny at Hunts Lock. I wonder if you'll come back?? To paraphrase Bilbo Baggins, you never know what adventures you'll have when you step out of your front door! Take care X

Thanks for your best wishes and encouragement peeps. So far it has hardly stopped raining, my dog ran away for 8 hours and a gale is forecast for later today. But am I downhearted? well, actually yes. However I'm sure things will get better. And I'd rather be out and wet than in and dry - if you know what I mean!

Like you we set out last Thursday , we met today a couple who set out Friday on taking early retirement who sadly have just turned round and are going back to the Marina and home the weather has ruined heir dream it seems. It seems to be cold and wet everyday with no obvious end in site. Stick with it and good luck

Well you have the luxury of not moving if you dont want to in this weather,think its only hirers out in the wind and rain,like me, will give you a wave if i pass you going the other way,but it may be from a pub window,were travelling from the shrop to worcesterish,just looks like we will be doing more pub stops than planned..got three yrs of hiring till get our own and out of the working crappy lifestyle.

Well you have the luxury of not moving if you dont want to in this weather,think its only hirers out in the wind and rain,like me, will give you a wave if i pass you going the other way,but it may be from a pub window,were travelling from the shrop to worcesterish,just looks like we will be doing more pub stops than planned..got three yrs of hiring till get our own and out of the working crappy lifestyle.

That's very true moored up at the bottom of he flight around 2 got he books out and opened the red wine. Could well stay here tomorrow if forecast comes true. I feel really sorry for those hirers trying to do a circuit, pub sounds a good idea if we can get to Polesworth or Hopwas if weather eases.

Perfect weather for knitting socks.

Interesting idea. I didn't think socks, however I got my brother to buy me a ukulele for my birthday and bought myself Ukulele for Dummies book and so making some not so sweet music on my boat!

My sympathies for all who have to travel in this weather - quite a few blowing past here at Tixall and not just hire boats. I set off from Fradley a week ago today and this is as far as I have got! Ah well, obviously meant to be.