New Blog - http://widebeamsailaway.blogspot.co.uk/

DeanS

Featured Posts

Absolutely first is paint the outside. Absolutely. Before the weather breaks.

Minimum two coats.

Is there any way I can stress this more?

Edited by system 4-50

Minimum two coats.

Is there any way I can stress this more?

Hoping to get the boat earlier which will give me more time. Painting it white, with the name in huge black Times Roman lettering (or something close) overflowing on both sides, with a light grey roof. Havent decided on the name yet, but to achieve the paintwork, it'll have to be a lot shorter than AreWeThereYet :)

The time has come. I have a new blog covering the planning, and fitting out of a widebeam sailaway. If you want to shake your head in disbelief, feel free to follow the updates over the next 4 months. :)

http://widebeamsailaway.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope this blog lasts longer than the last one did.

I hope this blog lasts longer than the last one did.

It should do. The last one covered our CC-ing travels, but ended when we moored up in a marina over the winter. There was nothing left to post except...we have connected the mains cable. The XBox is on. There's a duck outside the window. :)

It should do. The last one covered our CC-ing travels, but ended when we moored up in a marina over the winter. There was nothing left to post except...we have connected the mains cable. The XBox is on. There's a duck outside the window. :)

What about dad departing and how are the kids doing, are they all loving it as much as you hoped they would etc. you may be on a wire but you are all still living on a boat, a completely new lifestyle for you all.

• 2 years later...

I'm visiting Lymm tomorrow, to check out the sailaway widebeams - I've lived as a ccer for 2 yrs on a narrow 45ft - we are having a baby! so figured we need some more space - limited budget once sailaway is purchased - much like you - shame you didn't get a chance to upload any pics of completed fit out - if you ever get a chance - we have just read your entire blog and would love to see them - Best

Martin

Here we go....a few....

nov1.jpg

purple.jpg

In the blog you might see that the brown saloon floor, went up against a wall...but in the above pic, you'll see that wall has been removed when our son went to Uni, and I extended the saloon...leaving the coal fire in the centre of the room...which we like a lot.

006a.jpg

021a.jpg

Edited by DeanS

Here we go....a few....

nov1.jpg

purple.jpg

In the blog you might see that the brown saloon floor, went up against a wall...but in the above pic, you'll see that wall has been removed when our son went to Uni, and I extended the saloon...leaving the coal fire in the centre of the room...which we like a lot.

006a.jpg

021a.jpg

I like that boat a lot. One word springs to mind and that is 'home'.

The time has come. I have a new blog covering the planning, and fitting out of a widebeam sailaway. If you want to shake your head in disbelief, feel free to follow the updates over the next 4 months. smile.gif

http://widebeamsailaway.blogspot.co.uk/

bloody hell dean i thought you were doing it all again till i saw the date :huh:

Hi Dean, it sure has taken you some time to post these long promissed pictures, and I must say that I do admire the result of your hard work.

It's looking very livable, and cosy and I really like your centrally placed multifuel stove, the dog seems happy too.

Peter.