solar power

moam1

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

thinking of getting 2x 240 watt solar powered 12v battery charger.with a 12v 60000w inverter .will this do to run the tv and washing machine.if not what will do

60,000 watt inverter ?

That'll draw about 6,000 amps - you'll be needing some sizable cables.Thats something like the supply to a goodly number of houses

thinking of getting 2x 240 watt solar powered 12v battery charger.with a 12v 60000w inverter .will this do to run the tv and washing machine.if not what will do

How many batteries do you have?

What washing machine?

What other charging availability?

Some more info would help members to help you.

Basically though on their own I wouldn't think so, the max amps from 500 watts of solar is 41amps even, most washing machines are probably 2kw + if heating water and around 700 watts average through a cycle, so you need to store the solar power collected then use that stored power through an inverter.

60,000 watt inverter ?

That'll draw about 6,000 amps - you'll be needing some sizable cables.Thats something like the supply to a goodly number of houses

The solution to all our problems is obvious.... nuclear power. If they can built a reactor in a submarine, I'm sure one can be build into a narrow boat.

Bizzard?

:captain:

I am not anyway anything to do with any of the company,s mentioned. When I looked at midsummer energy there kyocera 135 solar panel came in at £435 but at solar-wind.co.uk the same panel is priced at £261.33 there controllers were better priced to. So shop around before you buy panels. Personaly I wouldn,t rely on solar power to cope with the washing machine. Have you got a travel pack on the engine at least that way you can do the washing, heat the water and charge the batteries much cheaper than going to the laundrette. :captain:

Edited by lesrollins

It'll be useless once it's gone dark!

Tutt! Silly! :rolleyes:

When it's dark one simply turns the TV on - - and it's light again! <_<

In fact - iof you bring the solar panels indoors, and stand them in front of the TV on the couch alongside you, then they'll recharge from the light emitted from the TV

Perpetual energy . . . . .

Simples

Tutt! Silly! :rolleyes:

When it's dark one simply turns the TV on - - and it's light again! <_<

In fact - iof you bring the solar panels indoors, and stand them in front of the TV on the couch alongside you, then they'll recharge from the light emitted from the TV

Perpetual energy . . . . .

Simples

.......or pay extra for the deluxe ones that will run by moonlight.:unsure:

Forget solar panels at night. I have invested in 2000 hamsters it can get a bit noisy in the boat, but boy when they are all in there different wheels which are in turn connected to the batteries they put some amp power back into the batteries.

I am not anyway anything to do with any of the company,s mentioned. When I looked at midsummer energy there kyocera 135 solar panel came in at £435 but at solar-wind.co.uk the same panel is priced at £261.33 there controllers were better priced to. So shop around before you buy panels. Personaly I wouldn,t rely on solar power to cope with the washing machine. Have you got a travel pack on the engine at least that way you can do the washing, heat the water and charge the batteries much cheaper than going to the laundrette. :captain:

please tell me what a travel pack is .please send photo.thank you

This fella is just not for real.

why am i not for real .will be getting me a narrowboat and will be liveing on the boat for time.what better way to get away from it all.and very hard to trace lol.that will keep her indoors asking for money

why am i not for real .will be getting me a narrowboat and will be liveing on the boat for time.what better way to get away from it all.and very hard to trace lol.that will keep her indoors asking for money

Yer forrin right,innit.

You have kids, right? So you're going to avoid paying maintenance payments for your kids upbringing, deliberately make yourself difficult to find, and blow all your (limited) funds on a boat?

Sounds a bit "Jeremy Kyle" to me.

Apparently half the stories on Jezza's show are fiction too.

Forget solar panels at night. I have invested in 2000 hamsters it can get a bit noisy in the boat, but boy when they are all in there different wheels which are in turn connected to the batteries they put some amp power back into the batteries.

They'll keep you warm in the winter too.

Bloody ace; where do I sign up?