Registration number plates.

Narrow Minded

Featured Posts

Hi

Our new narrowboat has been repainted, renamed and looks great apart from the tatty BW number plates. They are old bent and need replacing but where can I get them?

Cheers

Mike

La Licorne

BW issue them with a new build ( they did with mine anyway ) so a quick call to them may help you.

Tim

Hi

Our new narrowboat has been repainted, renamed and looks great apart from the tatty BW number plates. They are old bent and need replacing but where can I get them?

Cheers

Mike

La Licorne

BW will supply new ones. But you don't have to use plates - you can just paint the number on the cabin side.

I was sure we bought our posh brass plates from Black Country Metalworks but have just looked at their site and couldn't find them. They may be worth a phone call. The numbers are cast in relief on a solid brass plaque, you can then paint the background to match your boat - very shiny boats but a bit pricey, about £70.00 IIRC.

Search for vehicle or boat graphics/decals and you will find shed loads of vinyl self adhesive names, numerals, graphics etc.

We got ours to match our boat name and cost £10-00 for a pair (one for each side)

Phil

:smiley_offtopic:

Do you have to display your boat reg. separate from where it's displayed on your licence??

I think (without looking it up) that they have to be large enough to be seen from a certain distance, which the ones on the licence discs wouldn't be.

I believe BW supply new plates at a price (you get a free set with the boat's first registration).

Hurry and get BW ones while they last!!

Edited by Chertsey

I think (without looking it up) that they have to be large enough to be seen from a certain distance, which the ones on the licence discs wouldn't be.

I believe BW supply new plates at a price (you get a free set with the boat's first registration).

Hurry and get BW ones while they last!!

I realy like my BW one's - good point... ;)