water pump

POCO

Featured Posts

hi

i seem to have problems with getting a reply from anyone!!

i have problems with my water pump, drained it down for winter, switched power off, turned off stop cock,

now i have refilled water tank, switched back on, turned stop cock back on, no action with the pump it just gets warm, !

can ANYONE help

hi

i have problems with my water pump, drained it down for winter, switched power off, turned off stop cock,

now i have refilled water tank, switched back on, turned stop cock back on, no action with the pump it just gets warm, !

can ANYONE help

I'd take off the pipe feeding it and make sure water is getting to it, if it is, take off pipe after pump and see if water is coming from it. Disconnect fully, take it off and check it thoroughly. Maybe water residue left in it may have froze and broke it. What type of pump do you have? Is there definitely power getting to it?

hi

can ANYONE help

sounds like the pump motor may have siezed or the brushes may not be making proper contact. Try giving the pump a good squirt with WD40 wherever you can get it to go in. Then leave it for a while before trying again.

A sharp staccato rata-tat-tat-tat-tat with a light weight hammer but on the motor body not on the pump part if its plastic, like a chef chopping up greens is best.

If it's a permanent magnet motor, be careful how hard you tap it. Not unknown for the magnets to come away from the body or shatter.

Turn on an outlet tap so the system can vent and the pump has somewhere to push the water to. I assume that the pump is below the water level of the tank and will gravity prime. Mine sits making noises until a tap is opened, there's a rush of air then the pump primes and everything is ok.

I've just had the same problem with a Johnson WPS 2.9 water pump. When switching on it got VERY hot with no sign of anything working.

When it cooled I took it apart to discover that parts had seized/corroded together. It was only two years old and is now useless.

As I seem to be replacing Johnson water pumps every couple of years for one reason or another could anyone recommend a reliable alternative?

I've just had the same problem with a Johnson WPS 2.9 water pump. When switching on it got VERY hot with no sign of anything working.

When it cooled I took it apart to discover that parts had seized/corroded together. It was only two years old and is now useless.

As I seem to be replacing Johnson water pumps every couple of years for one reason or another could anyone recommend a reliable alternative?

A Shurflo has worked well for me over the past six years. Not too expensive and spare drivers are easily obtainable.