Why I am getting fed up on this forum

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

so forgive me if I ask anything stupid or obvious!

Nothing to forgive, if you need the question answered it is not stupid (some of the answers may be :closedeyes:) and the answer may be obvious but not to you.

ps. there is a search facility but it is like using a chocolate teapot but will work if you put in the right question.:lol:

Seek not to know the answer, but to understand the question...............glasshopper. :ninja::unsure:

Thanks Alan. My IE still refuses to connect - just says "operation aborted".

Perhaps I've been banned without knowing it!! :unsure:

Just tried booting into Windoze and going in via IE (don't normally use either) and too I can't get into JC. Thanks and will investigate reason for same.

I thought I had added to my post to say I had tried it with IE, and it works OK for me.

Seems I failed to save that, but it does work fine for me on either Firefox or IE.

Works OK for me with Windoze/Firefox Windoze/Chrome but not Windoze/IE :( (I largely gave up with Windows ages ago, but use it for odd things.)

Edited by Guest

No, Slough is like Milton Keynes but without the concrete cows.

(Actually I really like living in MK)

Me too Allan, it has it's problems but so does everywhere!

Dan

It hasn't got one of those horrible "magic" roundabouts like Slough (and Hemel Hamstead) has, but I fear that with the increasing number of roundabouts with traffic lights added that such a roundabout is inevitable.

I used to live in Stony Stratford, and Bletchley before that, before they were swallowed up by MK. Never was impressed with Bletchley, but loved living in Stony. (Had to move because house got too small for family. Now live not far away. Visit MK regularly. I too quite like the place. There are one or two areas that now are becoming a bit "slummy" but where does that not happen?.

I think MK has done a great job with the GU Canal, in making it a "feature", a pleasant water park right through the place.

This is all :smiley_offtopic: but has not this thread gone that way already?

Edited by Radiomariner

I am aware of one or two members have issues using IE, and I am looking into it.

If anyone continues to have issues, use the other websites contact page to let us know.

P.s For a life / hobby which is so laid back, a lot of people seem to give too much time and effort into arguing over who is best.

Edited by Sam

P.s For a life / hobby which is so laid back, a lot of people seem to give too much time and effort into arguing over who is best.

This is a discussion forum, Sam, and we are having a discussion.

No effort, no arguing and very little time.

This is a good natured thread that, in less than 2 days, has had 84 posts.

I logged into Just Canals last night for the first time in a week, and there were 36 new posts, on the whole website....Nuff said?

I logged into Just Canals last night for the first time in a week, and there were 36 new posts, on the whole website....Nuff said?

It works for the people who use it, and frankly, that is all I care about.

I don't really mind if 1 person uses it or 50, if they enjoy it, then its fine by me and I don't really see the need or benefit of you quoting facts to prove a somewhat pointless point.

Edited by Sam

Who cares? It works for the people that use it.

I certainly don't give a monkeys Carl :)

Then why come and suggest that "people seem to give too much time and effort into arguing over who is best."

This is a good natured thread where you are claiming an argument is taking place.

Just a tad oversensitive, methinks, Sam....unless you're trying to start an argument, of course, and then pop back to the holier than thou rubbish that is frequently spouted on JC "Oooh we're so much nicer than those nasty people on CWDF!" :rolleyes:

Then why come and suggest that "people seem to give too much time and effort into arguing over who is best."

This is a good natured thread where you are claiming an argument is taking place.

Just a tad oversensitive, methinks, Sam....unless you're trying to start an argument, of course, and then pop back to the holier than thou rubbish that is frequently spouted on JC "Oooh we're so much nicer than those nasty people on CWDF!" :rolleyes:

Actually I just changed what I said Carl, but you replied too quickly.

I didn't mean particularly this thread, just in the posts in general and the recent waterway ranking arguments. I just think there are more important things in life.

The reason I joined in this thread was to deal with a query about the workings of JustCanals with IE seeing as I actually have the time while i'm on a bit of leave.

And when was the last time you saw me posting about how we're nicer than another forum? I hardly have time to even look at the forums these days. Like I said Carl, more important things..

Edited by Sam

For balance, I think it is fair to say that there have been posts started on JC just by people patting themselves on the back about how far up the league table they had made it !

Hence I don't think all JC users don't care, even if Sam doesn't!

For balance, I think it is fair to say that there have been posts started on JC just by people patting themselves on the back about how far up the league table they had made it !

I wasn't actually aware it had happened over there and thus apologise for that.

And when was the last time you saw me posting about how we're nicer than another forum? I hardly have time to even look at the forums these days. Like I said Carl, more important things..

I haven't but your mods are happy for such rubbish to stay up, until someone "starts an argument" by objecting.

There was also loads of mutual back slapping, when JC moved to second place, until it was pointed out that the system couldn't cope with CWDF's popularity so the counter was only put on 2 pages, rather than every single page, like JC and most of the other sites..

All of a sudden it stopped being important. :rolleyes:

I am always amused by the number of times a JC regular tries to start a row, over here, and then rushes back to the "civilised" forum. It is just childish.

Edited by carlt

I haven't but your mods are happy for such rubbish to stay up, until someone "starts an argument" by objecting.

There was also loads of mutual back slapping, when JC moved to second place, until it was pointed out that the system couldn't cope with CWDF's popularity so the counter was only put on 2 pages, rather than every single page, like JC and most of the other sites..

All of a sudden it stopped being important. :rolleyes:

I am always amused by the number of times a JC regular tries to start a row, over here, and then rushes back to the "civilised" forum. It is just childish.

No they dont :ninja:

I go over for a little civility and the soft musac in the background

It's like being in a lift.

Gentle elevator music and everyone politely avoiding any controversy, until someone farts then everyone looks round for a CWDF member to blame.

(tongue in cheek smiley....activated)

Have you tried a reset?

Trying different browsers at the moment.

What do you mean by reset?