is this an sr2

a.p.now

Featured Posts

ok ill get beter photos. the airfilter is no loger on it there is just a hole there now so i need to get a filter for it. tho i am wondering if a filter from halfors with a clip on would do it. like a induction kit styel one

ok ill get beter photos. the airfilter is no loger on it there is just a hole there now so i need to get a filter for it. tho i am wondering if a filter from halfors with a clip on would do it. like a induction kit styel one

Yes almost certainly an SR2.Yes the right size sports type air filter unit from Halfords will do,but the one you already have is better as you need to be careful of rain water getting through the floorboards and filling up the engine with water if under a cruiser stern deck. Put a rubber washer under the centre wing-nut.

ahhh thats just the problem the whol airbox is gone hahaha god knows were i never had it on there after i piked up the boat and just realised its completly gone mising so i am left with just the (inlet naifold?) hole

I see,well put a pot or something over it until you get one as you can drop something down it.

cool thank you i will do that :cheers: also if enyone can see enything els she need say cos i know verry little about these. apart from the fact she seems uterly bomb proof. started instently today at -10

Yes they are bomb proof.Have you got a Lister LH150 hydraulic gearbox or a manual change gearbox with a long lever.Whichever look after them,change the oils often ect.

The gearbox looks like it is cable operated.

I can not see the alternator, and the front looks different from the ones I have seen. Is that an oil dipstick at the front left of the engine?

Yes didn't see the cable,it will almost certainly be the Lister hydraulic box. Yes that's the engines oil dipstick although they're usually longer on a longer tube.

The gearbox looks like it is cable operated.

I can not see the alternator, and the front looks different from the ones I have seen. Is that an oil dipstick at the front left of the engine?

The alternator is just outside the pictue, below. You can just make it out the left bottom of the pic.

i know almost nuthing about it, it has a single (morse?) styel control but has a little buten you pull out or push to put it in to gear. it gose in to riverse by itself when you move the lever backwords somtimes it takes its time doing so but i offen let the revs drop befor i move it back to the other gear.

the altanator i think may have a slite issue because the charge never seems to go out on the control box even tho it has one of those little digi charge controlers in there. hmmmmmm ?

yeh i did that and nope it didnt go out even at full tilt haha i bet its somthing quite simple. ill have a look in warm weather have all the boards up and see whats going on with it. with the help of somone knows more about these than i do

• 2 months later...

I don't think you have an SR2. Pentargon has an SR2 and there are decompression levers associated with the the 'rocker covers' My engine plate is marked SR226M. What does yours say? Edit! OOPs you may have decompression levers which are linked together by a thin bar, which is very strange on a 2cyl.SR. Comments Mr.Bizzard, Sir?

Edited by Pentargon