boat insurance

rickngill

Featured Posts

You may care to look at this thread Linky :

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44356

I think there are now three threads started in the last few days on exactly the same subject.

It will make it simpler for everyone if all the Q & A are in the same thread

Edited by Alan de Enfield

we are about to insure our first narrow boat, and recommendations for insurance companies

[/

I use Towergate,havnt had reason to claim through them boatwise but have with them ref a classic car.They are good to deal with.Good luck with you new boat and welome to this happy site.

IanAli.

well I'll reply to this thread anyway...

we use collidge and partners. http://www.collidgeandpartners.co.uk/

not had a claim but they have a good reputation and we've found them excellent to deal with. They also offer a break down service for an additional £60 year which seems good value to us.

some people say they are expensive but guess as always it pays to shop around. You can visit them at Crick boat show as they usually have a stand which is more than you can say for most of the others.

Jon

well I'll reply to this thread anyway...

we use collidge and partners. http://www.collidgeandpartners.co.uk/

not had a claim but they have a good reputation and we've found them excellent to deal with. They also offer a break down service for an additional £60 year which seems good value to us.

some people say they are expensive but guess as always it pays to shop around. You can visit them at Crick boat show as they usually have a stand which is more than you can say for most of the others.

Jon

thanks for that Jon, I will check them out.

We use Euromarine. When I went through the small print of the various policies available, they weren't the cheapest, but they did give us cover for ALL the things we wanted. Of course, we don't all have the same requirements.

I would suggest you do the same thing. Make sure you have ALL the cover you need and then look at the premia of those companies offering it. It's a bit of a bore, but nothing like as big a bore as having a potential claim and finding that your particular policy doesn't cover it.

Good luck,

Bob.

We use Euromarine. When I went through the small print of the various policies available, they weren't the cheapest, but they did give us cover for ALL the things we wanted. Of course, we don't all have the same requirements.

I would suggest you do the same thing. Make sure you have ALL the cover you need and then look at the premia of those companies offering it. It's a bit of a bore, but nothing like as big a bore as having a potential claim and finding that your particular policy doesn't cover it.

Good luck,

Bob.

We have used Euromarine for donkeys years, I get a good no claims bonus, they give better cover than most, I dont know about price as when you are insuring many many thousands of pounds worth of sinkable boat a few quid either way doesnt come into it with me.

And they payout no quibble. :cheers: