stove and back boiler

redgirl

Featured Posts

Hello all. I am shopping for a new stove and back boiler for my boat. I am thinking of going for a 'boatman', as I am happy with the stoves. I haven't ever used one with a back boiler, though so if anyone has any experience of running a back boiler off a boatman, I would be happy to hear what they have to say.

Happy to hear if anyone has any other stove/water boiler that they would recommend. Please note, that I am on a budget!

regards

Tess

Hello all. I am shopping for a new stove and back boiler for my boat. I am thinking of going for a 'boatman', as I am happy with the stoves. I haven't ever used one with a back boiler, though so if anyone has any experience of running a back boiler off a boatman, I would be happy to hear what they have to say.

Happy to hear if anyone has any other stove/water boiler that they would recommend. Please note, that I am on a budget!

regards

Tess

The Boatman stove is a cracking little stove for the money.But unless Northern fabrications have re-designed their back boilered stoves i don't think you'll find them very efficient.The boilers ''are,were'' ''welded in i believe built in''and so heat and flames cannot completely surround the entire boiler for maximum efficiency,but only the bottom and front faces so cutting down by about a 1/3 or so of direct heat exchange. Maybe they are fitting bolt in boilers now that stand off the stove body with spacers i don't know,maybe someone on here has one and can report on performance.

The Boatman stove is a cracking little stove for the money.But unless Northern fabrications have re-designed their back boilered stoves i don't think you'll find them very efficient.The boilers ''are,were'' ''welded in i believe built in''and so heat and flames cannot completely surround the entire boiler for maximum efficiency,but only the bottom and front faces so cutting down by about a 1/3 or so of direct heat exchange. Maybe they are fitting bolt in boilers now that stand off the stove body with spacers i don't know,maybe someone on here has one and can report on performance.

thanks. That's interesting. Will look into that further.