has any1 sin my dads boat?

libi

Featured Posts

i am trying 2 track my dads (yorkie or stu) boat windsor v111 last seen at ayno with 2 idiots and a lot of dogs onboard. can anyone plz contact me asap if u have any info thanx amy

the boat is a 52ft habour marrine green with yellow framework round windows pram hood in bad condition. yellow roof with red racks aand hood to front. wit little glen of a marl terrier white long ruff hair with brown ear. thank you

canel4.jpg

i am trying 2 track my dads (yorkie or stu) boat windsor v111 last seen at ayno with 2 idiots and a lot of dogs onboard. can anyone plz contact me asap if u have any info thanx amy

the boat is a 52ft habour marrine green with yellow framework round windows pram hood in bad condition. yellow roof with red racks aand hood to front. wit little glen of a marl terrier white long ruff hair with brown ear. thank you

canel4.jpg

Does this said boat have a wooden roof?

Not being funny but can only understand your English in so many words..

Like BSP said has it been stolen? if not what was your point in posting?

the young lady is in the chat room asking for advice and help.

This is the boat we are looking for ...

WINDSOR VIII Built by HARBOROUGH MAR/BTS - Length 15.24 metres (50 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull, power of 45. Registered with British Waterways number 62419 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 29-May-2011.

It has a steel top.

Edited by matty40s

The forum has been very good in the past at finding missing boats, but could I make a couple of suggestions as to how to get the best help.

First, most people on here write in english of various standards rather than text speak, I certainly find it much more difficult to read and understand.

Secondly, before looking for a boat members here like to be very sure the person looking for the boat is looking for it legitimately.

Also they like to be sure that the person who may have taken it did not have the right to do so, and that leading the searcher to the boat and them would not cause the person on it harm or distress. For example wife or girlfriend escaping abusive relationship on own boat. (and I'm sure nothing like that is the case here.)

If the boat has been nicked then you should have reported it to the police, and putting the crime number on here, with contact details for the investigating police station will get a better and quicker response.

And finally, sorry but I'm nowhere near there so can't help in any case.

Good luck.

Sue

The forum has been very good in the past at finding missing boats, but could I make a couple of suggestions as to how to get the best help.

First, most people on here write in english of various standards rather than text speak, I certainly find it much more difficult to read and understand.

Secondly, before looking for a boat members here like to be very sure the person looking for the boat is looking for it legitimately.

Also they like to be sure that the person who may have taken it did not have the right to do so, and that leading the searcher to the boat and them would not cause the person on it harm or distress. For example wife or girlfriend escaping abusive relationship on own boat. (and I'm sure nothing like that is the case here.)

If the boat has been nicked then you should have reported it to the police, and putting the crime number on here, with contact details for the investigating police station will get a better and quicker response.

And finally, sorry but I'm nowhere near there so can't help in any case.

Good luck.

Sue

Put it better than me Rose...but that is what I was thinking also

Thankyou

This is the boat we are looking for ...

WINDSOR VIII Built by HARBOROUGH MAR/BTS - Length 15.24 metres (50 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull, power of 45. Registered with British Waterways number 62419 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 29-May-2011.

It has a steel top.

n.. Mr Banbury who blogs at http://megsonm.blogspot.com/ has just gone from Braunston to Oxford and back so he may have seen it.

It would still be nice to know why.

Put it better than me Rose...but that is what I was thinking also

Thankyou

also worth contacting the local BW enforcement officers , give them the crime number.

When do you think it was taken, and which way was it headed????? would help work out how far it has gone.

thats the boat plz can u hlp me?xx

Calm down. Just give us a couple of sentences to demonstrate that you have good reasons for asking and a thousand eyes will open. Has the boat been stolen? Do you have a police crime number? Do you know the persons on board?

In all honesty and with the best will in the world this forum CAN help but will not do so unless you satisfy us as to your reasons for asking.

also worth contacting the local BW enforcement officers , give them the crime number.

When do you think it was taken, and which way was it headed????? would help work out how far it has gone.

Interestingly, according to the OPs profile, she's been looking since September, so the boat could be anywhere on the system!!

As Mrs Tawny Owl writes, on her second point, we definitely need to know more before we get too deeply involved!!

What Libi has said in chat is that the boat belongs to her Da who is currently residing at Her Majesty's pleasure.

In the meantime the boat was lent to some friends of her Da's who have basically trashed it since then.

She has since collected the keys from them (assuming at some other location) and knows the boat is in Aynho but not the precice location.

She intends to have the boat craned and stored until her Da is back out to take posession.

/\ All of the above said in chat, and nuffink to do with me/ I don't know the situation and know nothing about the veractiy of any of it but this is how Libi explained it to us.

Edited by Starcoaster

n.. Mr Banbury who blogs at http://megsonm.blogspot.com/ has just gone from Braunston to Oxford and back so he may have seen it.

It would still be nice to know why.

Hi,

That would be me. I don't recall seeing it. I note the OP mentions it is listing badly so I think it would have stood out unless it was moored in a group.

Martin

What Libi has said in chat is that the boat belongs to her Da who is currently residing at Her Majesty's pleasure.

In the meantime the boat was lent to some friends of her Da's who have basically trashed it since then.

She has since collected the keys from them (assuming at some other location) and knows the boat is in Aynho but not the precice location.

She intends to have the boat craned and stored until her Da is back out to take posession.

/\ All of the above said in chat, and nuffink to do with me/ I don't know the situation and know nothing about the veractiy of any of it but this is how Libi explained it to us.

A reasonable explanation - pity she could not have put that info here at the outset. :rolleyes:

SC your sig needs a 12-bore and some crusty pastry :lol:

The reason why I replied is because 2 boats were by the side of one another moored at Redhill just before September..both full of dogs with fleas. As a new boater I was intrigued and got invited onboard both. One was towing the other, he told me he had engine problems, my friend at the time jumped on the roof of this boat she got shouted at he told her to get off as it was wooden.

As to why I asked above if it had a wooden roof, they seemed dodgy at the time and thinking about it the colours of the boat seem familiar. I was bitten up due to fleas, but the boat was pretty tidy inside.

This was before September though so if it was the boat it could be miles away by now or even had a paint change...not saying it is though just telling you how I saw it at the time.

Im abit more wiser now...and take alot more details down as I did before