Pump out toilet and waste tank

Butterfly8

Featured Posts

Hello

I'm looking at ordering a pump out toilet and waste tank for my new build and wondered if anyone using this equipment could give me any help and advice.

I've found a Jabsco PAR toilet and tank kit for £1300 - do you think this is reasonable? (boatbilder quote is £1960!)

Two of us will live aboard and i'm wondering if a 390l tank will last for say 2 weeks? (wouldn't want to have to empty more than this!)

Some seem to have a mascerator and some don't - any views?

Finally, a friend of mine installed a toilet that seems to have a very small hole which causes problems. If anyone has a Jabsco can you reassure me?

Any advice much appreciated...

Ali

Hello

I'm looking at ordering a pump out toilet and waste tank for my new build and wondered if anyone using this equipment could give me any help and advice.

I've found a Jabsco PAR toilet and tank kit for £1300 - do you think this is reasonable? (boatbilder quote is £1960!)

Two of us will live aboard and I'm wondering if a 390l tank will last for say 2 weeks? (wouldn't want to have to empty more than this!)

Some seem to have a mascerator and some don't - any views?

Finally, a friend of mine installed a toilet that seems to have a very small hole which causes problems. If anyone has a Jabsco can you reassure me?

Any advice much appreciated...

Ali

Do you mean the manual pump one model no 29120-300 (regular size bowl) or similar. (sorry, don't know how to provide a link to one of the many available.) If so I've had one for a number of years and haven't had any problems with blockages.The outlet pipe to the tank is about 36". The only reservation I would have is that it's fairly 'thirsty' when flushing. As a very rough guide my holding tank measures 24" x 72" x 10" which I reckon is about 280 litres. This lasts between 21 and 28 man days of experienced use. This drops considerably with guests on board. (overpumping)

For what it;s worth I moved a boat earlier this year that was fitted with a Mansfield Traveller 'dump through' Having bought but not fitted one of these when fitting out VS (memories BR trains in the 50's) I vas favorably impressed.. Throughout the 3 week trip there was no smell and it seemed to use far less water than my loo.

Frank

(wait for the bucket and chuck it comments!)

r