Jimmy Saville OBE RIP

soldthehouse

Featured Posts

My wife met him during the days of the Clunk-click every trip in the seventies. She had had an accident in a car with no seatbelts. Gladly she wasn't scarred enough to get in the ads.

But what a character he was. Don't think he ever married, too attached to his mum's apron strings I recon.

Martyn

Posted Today, 03:41 PM

If he had not been a smoker he might have lived to a ripe old age.

84yo good innings :cheers:RIP

ive also passed his place in glencoe if it is the one isolated out on the main run into glen coe...great place,but not another house for miles,and slap bang on the busy road.

he used to help out in leeds hospital doing wheel chair runs,when I look at some of the people around today polishing there egos,makes me think a different world with different people

Edited by sheriff

One in a million, broke the mould when he was born, his fame did not go to his head unlike the famous today, or resort to drink or drugs.

The world is a sad place now.

Wonder what he’s fixing for St Peter

RIP

Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile, OBE, KCSG (31 October 1926 – 29 October 2011)

Sad,

He also did a great deal of Charitable work at Stoke Mandeville hospital, Bucks working with paraplegics, living in his motor home in the hospital car park.

Interesting life story, covering wrestling to DJ ing plus many marathons along the way and the inevitable cigar.

Leo

I refer you to a previous remark by yourself in post no 10 the bit about not contributing if thats all you can say!!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42186&pid=771322&st=0entry771322

Entirely different sort of thread (and what's this doing in General Boating anyway?). In the other thread to which you refer, the OP had asked for information. This thread is nothing but comments so mine is not out of place.

OK, if you want me to say more I will add that I've always found Jimmy Savile creepy in the extreme. I dunno, Jimmy Perry, Jimmy Savile - who'll be next for the CWF canonisation process - Little Jimmy Krankie?

• Greenie 1

Entirely different sort of thread (and what's this doing in General Boating anyway?). In the other thread to which you refer, the OP had asked for information. This thread is nothing but comments so mine is not out of place.

OK, if you want me to say more I will add that I've always found Jimmy Savile creepy in the extreme. I dunno, Jimmy Perry, Jimmy Savile - who'll be next for the CWF canonisation process - Little Jimmy Krankie?

I am ill equipped to participate in this kind of dialogue

....living in his motor home in the hospital car park....

Now doesn't that speak volumes, no hotel, no courtesy room, no asking for, or accepting offers of, hospitality.

A truly humble man. Eccentric, undoubtedly, irritating, frequently, A Good Person, 100%, cut it through like Blackpool Rock.

I recall on Jim'll fix it, it was mostly for kids, but he accepted a request from a retired gentleman who wanted a new strain of rose to be named after his late wife. Jim fixed it, he knew what mattered.

He also did a great deal of Charitable work at Stoke Mandeville hospital, Bucks working with paraplegics, living in his motor home in the hospital car park.

He is probably one of the few people who could actually afford to have a vehicle in a car park at Stoke Mandeville hospital for anything more than a very short period!........

He is probably one of the few people who could actually afford to have a vehicle in a car park at Stoke Mandeville hospital for anything more than a very short period!........

Don't think they charged in them days....

Now doesn't that speak volumes, no hotel, no courtesy room, no asking for, or accepting offers of, hospitality.

A truly humble man. Eccentric, undoubtedly, irritating, frequently, A Good Person, 100%, cut it through like Blackpool Rock.

I recall on Jim'll fix it, it was mostly for kids, but he accepted a request from a retired gentleman who wanted a new strain of rose to be named after his late wife. Jim fixed it, he knew what mattered.

That is a eulogy one could be proud of! I couldn't have said it better!