RIP Windfola

RichardN

Featured Posts

There would have been another house buyer, and another boat. She must have been in a fragile or altered psychological state for an event like that to have affected her so deeply. From what I have gleaned, she had much to look forward to.

She spoke of attending the Banbury canal day; did she? Did anyone from this forum ever meet her?

I honestly don't know, but I know I briefly chatted to her on this forum about her Blakes 7 fandom - if it's true that she was the architect of her own end then that's even more tragic :(

Poor Windfola must have been really terrible desperate to abandon her dogs (that she seemed to love) like that, I feel very sad about it, and think that it's such a waiste of a young life in which surely better times would have shown up later.

R.I.P. Windfola.

Peter.

As a fellow greyhound owner, and a human being, I can't express how sad I feel about this. To have left her dogs she must have been incredibly unhappy. I had an uncle who took his own life at 24 when by all accounts he had everything to live for. My mum never got over it. I feel for her friends and family.

I am not sure where to post this, adding a reply to Catherine's / WIndfola's last topic seems the best place

I have just heard that Catherine died on the 19th at her home. Her funeral is on Friday 14th at Banbury Crematorium at 3pm. I am sorry but, other than contact details for a friend who is sorting out her affairs, I have no further information though I see from another forum that Beren and Cally, her two greyhounds, have been re-homed.

Very sad. Rest peacefully Catherine.

but her forum profile shows her last visit to the forum was on the 19th and in the evening, did you mean the 9th? I cant bear to think of her reading the forum on the day she died!..... how desperately sad she must have been and we could have helped had we known. I do hope anybody here reading this will ask if they need help. I know for a fact how good this forum can be, even though many say it is a terrible place for a newbie, but I desperately wish Catherine had spoken of her depression. sad.gif

Edited by Chagall

but her forum profile shows her last visit to the forum was on the 19th and in the evening, did you mean the 9th? I cant bear to think of her reading the forum on the day she died!..... how desperately sad she must have been and we could have helped had we known. I do hope anybody here reading this will ask if they need help. I know for a fact how good this forum can be, even though many say it is a terrible place for a newbie, but I desperately wish Catherine had spoken of her depression. sad.gif

I fear you are correct -

User is offline Sep 19 2011 08:14 PM

Is marked as when she was last on line - her last actual post was 2 days before.

I was saddened when I saw the first post yesterday, but that fact that it may have been suicide makes it even worse.

Is it really worse if someone decides to take their own life than if they die of some horrible disease or nasty accident of which they had no control?

If suicide results from mental illness then perhaps it's no worse than had someone died prematurely from cancer for example - illness is illness.

But not everyone who kills themself is mentally ill. This may sound controversial, but having worked at Samaritans I know that some people make the decision to take their own life while they are perfectly aware, lucid and rational. Although suicide makes us feel sad we can also respect that person's decision.

Anyway, my condolences to her family and anyone who knew her.

Windfola, I know its too late now, If it was through depression that caused you to take your own life then I certainly know how you must have been feeling. The majority of people on here, too me, are classed as true friends and I havent even met them.....(albiet 1) who sent me rock bottom again, but Im strong this time round as I have my family and friends whom I can trust and are always there for me come day or night to talk too, just wished you had done the same......So so sad.....

In the arms of the angels now, may you rest in peace....

God bless

Rachel xxx

Did anyone from this forum ever meet her?

Thank you for moving the thread.

She came on Indigo Dream a few times as she was concerned that her greyhound would not be able to cope with boating - he was fine though our boat has been designed with dogs in mind. Last we heard from her she was describing finding her boat - a 60x11 Aqualine with a reverse layout, that Beren was "in big lurvvve" with her new greyhound Cally who sounded a real character and that she had accepted a chain free offer on her boat. We had the impression that she was thinking things through properly and as a result her life was looking up.

As far as we know the 19th September was the day she died so yes after she looked at the forum. Her house sale fell through that afternoon

As we had not heard from her for a few weeks Sue sent her a catch-up email and wondered if she wanted to come cruising in London. We then got an email back from her friend Chris who is replying to emails as they come into her laptop, must be very painful. Sue is trying to get to the funeral on Friday and has written a short eulogy on our blog.

Well said Blackrose. I nearly always disagree with you but this time you have my total support.

Indeed..,

The manner of Catherine's passing should fall into the shadow of the fact she has passed... May she find peace!

This has knocked me for six, but it's harder to think that someone -even someone I hadn't yet met- but who had become familiar through the forum, and therefore part of an extended family- should have felt so low, and so alone, to leave this life like that, and not felt able to ask for help,or talk it through with someone...anyone....How very sad.