Eco Fan

Flocal

Featured Posts

Use a computer coolong fan for now and save the ecofan purchase until you come across one in a shop/swindlers that you cannot resist but do until you are offered a hefty discount. There is no reason they should be so expensive component wise; It is just their curiosity usefulness hyped value. I am in the camp that thinks they usefully agitate the air but you can get the same effect by creating a draft, etc

look for the most expensive one

if you are going to waste money,you should at least do it with reckless abandon!

:lol:

Yep absolutely right, why not buy a gallon of snake oil at the same time............

should i ever desire to own an ECO fan,the first place i would look would be the canal bed.

loads of them must have tossed overboard?

as they have an alloy case,they might just make a useful sacrificial anode?

there exellent..they work..i wouldnt be without one.......

How many times are we going to discuss whether they work or not, the two camps will never agree.

Flocal has decided he wants one, now does anyone know where the lowest price is available?

Ebay, as previously stated.

Cheapest link?

So many different prices out there

I got mine from Canada via ebay even with shipping it was cheaper but that was some 3 or 4 years back ? exchange rate ?

I have one at home & on boat & I say they work very well just have the 2 blade one but maybe for a longer boat (my boat 57ft) the bigger ones may be better & they cost nothing to run the more heat the faster they run got rid of the hot spot by the stove on 2 boats & works at home so I would say go for it & don't believe anyone that has never had one (seems plenty at that on here the ba humbug brigade)

Edited by Nige123

I can't believe that every single person who says Ecofans are great is only saying so "because they got conned into believing the hype". LOADS of people with stoves on land - not just here, swear by them. Are we supposed to think that they're all just trying to save face? I don't think so.

To the best of my knowledge, a computer fan is an entirely different animal. The ecofan is designed with the sole intention of moving a large volume of air at a low velocity - not creating a fairly concentrated draught to cool a processor or whatever in a computer.

Andy

To the best of my knowledge, a computer fan is an entirely different animal. The ecofan is designed with the sole intention of moving a large volume of air at a low velocity - not creating a fairly concentrated draught to cool a processor or whatever in a computer.

Quite -- in fact the eco fan moves the air without making a draught.

• Greenie 1

Presumably as you can't get anything for nothing and they actually use heat from your stove to work they in fact make it ever so slightly colder in your boat :wacko:

Casp'

Ah, but since you cannot destroy energy, the heat that the fan absorbs from the stove is put back into the moving air as kinetic energy. When this moving air strikes a stationary object the energy is changed back to heat energy. (sounds plausible to me. Any body else agree?)

Ah, but since you cannot destroy energy, the heat that the fan absorbs from the stove is put back into the moving air as kinetic energy. When this moving air strikes a stationary object the energy is changed back to heat energy. (sounds plausible to me. Any body else agree?)

I'll go with that. but you will lose a small%. friction.

taslim.

I was sat on a friends boat and noticed the bunting which was along from the front corner of the boat about 15 20ft down into the lounge was agitated, presumably by the eco fan for most of its lentgh.

It was actually moving quite a bit too.

I got up, moved the eco fan out of the way and came back to sit down in the same place. The bunting was now completely still. I remained sat for a few minutes in the name of thorouness and because my beer wasnt finished.

Nothing else had changed in the room and I dont quite understand how that would be a placebo effect. As far as I could see the eco fan was definitely moving (presumably warm) air from the front corner down the length of the boat.

Of course the eco fan will rob some heat of the stove, thats the whole point of moving the air about surely?