nb Amazing Grace

n.b.Goldie

Featured Posts

Hi Folks

I am a member of Lionhearts Cruising Club based in Great Linford Milton Keynes.

Royal Mail has delivered a letter to us addressed to;

Miss Alison Burgon

Amazing Grace

Canal Boat

Great Linford

MK14 5AS

This is not one of our boats and we cannot find anyone who knows of the boat. The letter probably originates from MK Hospital (because I have had letters from them and recognise the envelope style) and so might be important.

If you know of this boat and Miss Burgon please PM or email me so I can forward the letter on.

If no response I will open it and return it to sender.

Thanks

Ditchdabbler

The postcode comes up as near Linford Wharf.

I went that way on Friday, but can't remember seeing "Amazing Grace".

If you can wait a day or so, I think I'll be boating back down that way tomorrow, so I'll keep a look out for that particular boat!

Google maps places it about Here!

EDITED to change Giffard Park to Linford Wharf - Should be near Bridge 77 I'd say!

Edited by alan_fincher

And so dear reader, as the Canal World Detective Forum, dispatch their best operatives to search for the missing Alison, you can be assured that no stone will remain unturned,no blade of grass un bent, and no pub beer untasted. There is NO HIDING PLACE!

And for those of you reading at home..sleep easy now!

Guest wanted

Forum member "noimnotonfacebook" is/was living on a boat called "Amazing Grace"

Edited to add: Name's Ally and good friends with Smelly and bagpuss.

So not one of the four on facebook I would guess! :blush:

I have emailed Smelly via FB as well.

And so dear reader, as the Canal World Detective Forum, dispatch their best operatives to search for the missing Alison, you can be assured that no stone will remain unturned,no blade of grass un bent, and no pub beer untasted. There is NO HIDING PLACE!

And for those of you reading at home..sleep easy now!

None of us has found "Que Sera Sera" yet though.

I still give possible candidate Liverpool Boats the "once over" if I spot one!

I'm pretty sure I saw an Amazing Grace near Great Bedwyn on friday. If I see it again I'll ask the crew, or leave a note. Of course there may be many boats with the same name.

The Jim Shead boat lookup facility lists 16 boats called "Amazing Grace", plus a further one called "Amazing Grace II".

"How sweet the sound" that name must sound to quite a few boat owners......

(Coat, please!.........)

right then!

I've covered from Lionhearts up to the Black Horse Pub at the other end of Great Linford. There is a community of moorers near the postcode stated, however, no sign of 'Amazing Grace'. There were gaps, however, so it is likely she does tie there, and has gone off to enjoy the late burst of summer. I cycle around the area quite alot, so will keep my eyes peeled. Oh, and if anyone walks their dog along the towpath in the Giffard Park area, PICK UP YOUR MESS!!!!!!!

Regards

Dan