ANNOUNCEMENT! I seem to have a boat!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Woo hoo! So I seem to have my boat. Ebay jobbie.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180728206327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This is 'Wandering Gypsy,' soon to be 'Wendy-May.'

I have spoken to the seller tonight and it looks like we will be meeting to swap boat for money on the 7th October. The hull survey has been done, as has a brand new BSS, and I am taking a marine engineer to check the engine etc.

I am trying to be a little calm until it is all done and dusted... Failing miserably.

So, I have a boat!

It has a porta potti that I am going to see how I get on with.

I am awaiting a quote to get a shower put in. (any ideas)

I need a fridge. (Anyone selling one?)

And some new, non minging curtains.

The paint is a little faded but is ok, so I am probably going to leave that til the summer. I want to change the name though, so am hoping I can cover up the current name on it.

It is currently in Rugby, and I am going to look for a resi mooring or at least winter moorings not too far from there as I don't want to give myself the craps by trying to move it far.

Any reccomendations?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Anyone in the area?

PS, my Leading Sea Cat fell in the bath yesterday, I hope that's not a bad omen?

Edited by Starcoaster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180728206327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have spoken to the seller tonight and it looks like we will be meeting to swap boat for money on the 7th October.

I am trying to be a little calm until it is all done and dusted... Failing miserably.

So, I have a boat!

The paint is a little faded but is ok, so I am probably going to leave that til the summer. I want to change the name though, so am hoping I can cover up the current name on it.

It is currently in Rugby, and I am going to look for a resi mooring or at least winter moorings not too far from there as I don't want to give myself the craps by trying to move it far.

Any reccomendations?

Anyone in the area?

PS, my Leading Sea Cat fell in the bath yesterday, I hope that's not a bad omen?

Congratulations and good luck!

Any reccomendations?

Anyone in the area?

Marinas in the area:

Blue Haven now Hillmorton Wharf

Brinklow

Braunston

Wigrams

Napton

Calcutt Boats

Ventnor Farm

New one at Barby but judging by a recent thread I would steer clear of.

For Winter could try Rugby Wharf, Willow Wren owned by Grantham's Bridge boat yard.

Other canal Arms: Rose Narrowboats, Clifton Cruisers

Edited by Ray T

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

I have spoken to the seller tonight and it looks like we will be meeting to swap boat for money on the 7th October. The hull survey has been done, as has a brand new BSS, and I am taking a marine engineer to check the engine etc.

So, I have a boat!

Anyone in the area?

The 7th is Midland chandlers 20% off day, You are only three hours and 3 locks away form Braunston, You can moor outside

and load direct on to the boat. Don't forget your rope fenders for the cats to climb out. Try knottyfenders on ebay. As for

BW paperwork you could always arrange to pop in to the Stop House and see George. Make sure you have at least 3rd party

cover when the keys are handed over.

Firesprite

In the wilds of the Fens

Lol you have no idea how surprised I was to win the auction, it was only really a Hail Mary bid... I was winning it when I went to bed last night and was confident-ish that several last minute bids would wipe me out, but none did!

If it's meant to be, and all that...

Looking at the bidding history it was a two horse race, You were just prepare to pay more, You never know with ebay on how a auction will go.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for that link to the fenders too, looks good. I will see if there is any with it first.

How many fenders should I have?

I am going to make sure I am insured from the minute I have paid!

I will see if we can make a detour to the chandlers that has 20% off on the day!

At the moment she's ready to go back in the water as soon as the stern gear is done, there has been a slight delay on that apparently due to a bereavement.

I am going to wait to get a quote on the shower before giving the go ahead for her to go back in in case it's not masses and I can get that done now rather than waiting.

Ally, can I ask why you reckon Ventnor Marina should be avoided? Pm if preferred!

Edited by Starcoaster

Really really excited for you :cheers:

We have not had our boat long and are having great fun making her our own!

I boat with a mate of mine who has a Springer - it's a lovely little boat and she is great to handle.

Full of character too - all warm and cozy like ;) I'm sure you will love her ....

Hope everything goes well for you!

Don't worry too much about moving her - it's really OK once you get under way. Just take your time and get used to

how the boat responds. Our first ever journey on a boat was from Sawley (Derby / Notts way) to Preston Brook !

The whole Trent and Mersey. It was BRILLIANT. Enjoy your time on the water ...

Good luck

Andy