nb Lexicon

lexicon

Featured Posts

I want to thank everyone that has read the blog and commented.

This is likely to be my last update for a while.

Some posters on here know what personal issues I have been dealing with. Unfortunately things haven't improved and it has reached a point where I will either be back on top of things and coping soon, or I will be forced to put the last 4 years behind me and walk away from the cut.

• 2 months later...

Well time for a quick update.

The boat and me survive, not quite sure how but we have. Work on the boat has been hard due to further family bereavement and personal issues.

But here is what has been achieved since last update

Well here's the rebuilt engine

temporary_zpscl0nfkww.jpg

Egyptian style transport of heavy object

temporary_zpsxlz52mq6.jpg

Engine going in

Bonus point for identying the forum member.

temporary_zpszdt9lisw.jpg

Now safely back on the mooring and out of the trusts hair. Long story involving the same bit of towpath for a couple of months whilst sans engine.

Now fitted the inner ceiling and recessed all led lighting finally fixed in place.

Sooooo glad it's not hitting me in the face anymore.

temporary_zpsrihtzctu.jpg

Then time to add some coach line to finis off the recent repaint.

temporary_zpswpxmpbcp.jpg

Then move onto the fitting of a outside dining area.

Starting with fitting of Desmo fitting on rear deck

temporary_zpsajt77ant.jpg

Then leg and table top.

temporary_zpsnjucto94.jpg

temporary_zpsqfwo8nbq.jpg

The two rear lockers make nice seats at the table for 2 and a folding chair can make 3.

As a added bonus it makes. A great place for my gas bbq with easy safe access to gas locker.

temporary_zpsw3zlwqe8.jpg

I had a bit of a problem today. I turned up at L-B and couldn't find Lexicon. I was looking for a scruffy red and grey boat. Finally, I spotted the name on the side

Have a great trip Glen, she's looking very fine

Richard

• 1 month later...

Time for a update.

Finally got round to fitting a bathroom door.

temporary_zpst5j3jbcm.jpg[/url]

Then constructed a tiered storage solution in the bathroom too.

temporary_zpseexsps3y.jpg[/url]

All three tiers then it got painted white

temporary_zpscrmqlzkb.jpg

And then a door for the cupboard under the bathroom sink

temporary_zpsknqlgqbp.jpg

Then laid a new secondary subfloor in the bedroom and put down carpet tiles.

temporary_zpsdbksyuon.jpg

And a wardrobe hanging area in the bedroom

temporary_zpstc1gnlbd.jpg

And last but no means least a couple of new Stainless steel water tanks (curtesy of kedian engineering). To also serve as seats in the cratch area.

temporary_zpsaxxnf5ab.jpg

temporary_zps3f5h3jpl.jpg

Had a fun few days cutting the hole to plumb into the boat and now everything works better, water pump much faster and soooooo much quieter it's scary.

Good riddance to the old blue collapsible tank I had before.

Edited by lexicon

Thanks for all the comments, been a tough time of late, and i weep anytime I'm dumb enough to look at my bank balance.

But I managed a 8 week cruise this summer which around 60+ hour weeks is not bad.

Few final bits to do on the outside before winter sets in.

Got a few more little jobs done.

Fitted a shelf in the bedroom just above foot end to hold a 12v socket and put things on to charge.

And fitted and wired/calibrated a mcs water gauge that had been in a drawer for a couple of years. Now I can check from the comfort of my bed whether I have enough water in the tank for a shower, no more running out half way the lol.

Got a few more little jobs done.

Fitted a shelf in the bedroom just above foot end to hold a 12v socket and put things on to charge.

And fitted and wired/calibrated a mcs water gauge that had been in a drawer for a couple of years. Now I can check from the comfort of my bed whether I have enough water in the tank for a shower, no more running out half way the lol.

I wouldn't be without my water gauge, very hand bits of kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there, just noticed this on here,, I used to be a member of the black buoy cruising club , in Knowle,, back in the 80/90s,, and know the guy who owned it,, Bob his name.

Did a lot of work on this boat,, for him, welding etc,, wood work,, had to refit his stove ,, and all the wood round it,, he fell asleep with it a light and bottom open, and woke up with the cabin full of smoke,, lucky he was,, all the wood around the fire was blackened, welded the back deck drainers as well, and some wiring,, was a lot of damp back then in the top,, ,, he once drove it into a bridge hole, side,, took half the front roof and side out to,, repaired that as well,,.

Later after I left the club, 1996, he had the top recovered,, but not involved in that,, and helped a lot when it came to blacking it to.

Nice chap Bob, no longer with us,, good days

Terry