volunteering in and around leeds

adam kent

Featured Posts

hi all i have just finished the skippers course and would like to know if there is any volunteer boats around the leeds area as i used to help out around swinton south yorkshire.i enjoy going out on the boats and helping others to enjoy it too is excellent.

thanks for reading

I don't know of any in Leeds itself but there are a few further up the L&L. There are several around Shipley. I can't remember the organisations but I can think of at least 3 different ones I've seen with community branding. One is Adam's Ark. There's the SCAD boat that operates in Skipton, and Kennet which operates as a floating museum and managed by the Leeds and Liverpool Canal Society.

Edited to add links

Edited by MikeV

hi all i have just finished the skippers course and would like to know if there is any volunteer boats around the leeds area as i used to help out around swinton south yorkshire.i enjoy going out on the boats and helping others to enjoy it too is excellent.

thanks for reading

The Safe Anchor trust at Sheply Bridge, Mirfield have either 4 or 5 comminity boats. There is also one at Shiply called Dream Acheivers. You may also get some information from the NCBA which is based at Goole.

Howard

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...