Numax m110 batteries

Evo

Featured Posts

For me as a leisure weekend boater then my option 1)'s are OK. I had sort of deduced that as I dont have the cycle requirements of a liveaboard.

But if you live aboard really you need option 2/3 batteries.

Where do you get them from..?? How much are they...?? How inconvenient are they to fit - if previously boat had 4 std 110's.

Anyone got a link to a place that sells these things - with prices.

There was a recent thread where someone got a good deal.

Also someone selling the Crown ones on Ebay.

Tanya Batteries also do the US Battery and Trojan ones.

Cheap non sealed leisure/truck batts might be viable for liveaboards, but better if used lightly methinks.

cheers,

Pete.

Well thanks for advice people.

Matey boy with his SG is alot happier. He's running down to about 58% some nights and charging back up to early 90's fairly quickly everyday. He's basically using his bladder as a timer - checking the charge % everytime he has a pee... B)

"At least I fffing know whats happening now" is all he keeps saying.

One thing to come out of this though is how much telly he's watching. Previously its always been..."oh, since we moved on the boat we hardly ever watch telly".

Absolute crap..!!! his telly was on from 13:30 until 23:00 last night alone...!! he's actually quite embarrassed about it. He would have to have a 20amp telly aswell wouldnt he.

Next battery swap we'll both be after some of those propper deep cycle jobbies.

In the meantime Solar is beating wind, mainly because wind machine man has pissed off on a cruise for 3 weeks mid experiment..!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're all happy now, even me who's been doing all the work for the lazy sods. I re routed my engine cooling system stuff last night. Gearbox cooler is no longer in the keel tank return and I've fitted large blanking caps on my Bowman. Gearbox oilcooler now has cold raw water direct from Jabsco wet exhaust pump.

Absolute crap..!!! his telly was on from 13:30 until 23:00 last night alone...!! he's actually quite embarrassed about it. He would have to have a 20amp telly aswell wouldnt he.

240W! Sounds like they could do with an LED backlit jobbie.

Anyway, we're all happy now, even me who's been doing all the work for the lazy sods.

I do hope they're repaying you some way, maybe they should buy you a Smartguage too - if you haven't already got one! :)

cheers,

Pete.

Edited by smileypete

Another week has gone by and things have settled down nicely. My mates accepted he watches way too much telly, he's also accepted his telly is way too thirsty, but he's also said "so what, I'm not getting rid of it". He reckons he's OK now, and it seems that he is - with his SmartGauge crutch.

Is the following SOC behaviour typical of a cheap battery or of any battery.

His Numax appear to stay at a high SOC for a reasonable time (because they are new I guess) but man do they drop like a stone as they weaken. Over the course of an evening readings are for example, 98%, 96%, 94%,84%, but then, 73%, 68%, 52%, and 2 minutes later 48%. The first 4 readings are over a 5 hour period, the next 4 are all in the 6th hour.

Edited by Evo

Is the following SOC behaviour typical of a cheap battery or of any battery.

The curve is always there - discharge is never a flat line - but for the same rate of discharge it gets more pronounced with old batteries.

The absentee Gibbo could give you chapter and verse about this, but if you Google "Lead Acid Discharge Curve" you'll see that they all do it to a greater or lesser extent.

Tony

I've got an excellent Numax starter battery (96 amps, I think, without removing covers to look at it) and was going to get a set of 3 Numax 110amp .. maybe I should think again?

I've still got a couple of long-lasting 4-5 years 'Diamond' 110amp leisure batteries - green casing (unusual) - and wanted to find the same for replacements but one of our most popular, fair-priced and amenable chandlers (S in W.. A.. .... many will know who I mean) said the casing and label are no guarantee you're getting the same battery as before, in that the case/label you're looking for could have a quite different battery inside it. I dont quite understand how that works - seems to be flouting trade descriptions and all sorts - almost like fake designer labels on clothes (which I thoroughly approve of, paradoxically!)