trojan batterys

jockwalt

Featured Posts

hi there looking at 6volt trojan batterys iam looking for 600 - 800 amphour at 12volts.

has anyone got them fitted in there narrowboat and are they worth paying the extra money for.

above other makes on the market thanks steve

Possible equivalents are US Batteries.

I have 4 of the Trojan T-125s ( T-105s are similar) which were fitted around April 2009. I only lightly discharge them ( 20%) and they are always replenished fully within 12 hours, so not much of a test, but have been faultless since installation. They live on shorepower via a Victron 12/3000/120, which is on float most of the time... It does go to bulk, then float periodically, usually when I am working on the boat. These are 6V 240 Ah units and I have four, configured as 12V 480 Ah.

Nick

hi there looking at 6volt trojan batterys iam looking for 600 - 800 amphour at 12volts.

has anyone got them fitted in there narrowboat and are they worth paying the extra money for.

Alternative would be Rolls Batteries.

I use 4 x6 volt to give 24v. Rolls Series 4000 S-600 6 volt. 450amps @ 20 hour rate.

Been using them for over a year, no measurable change in SG, performance, etc.

Edited by choogh

I use them, 4 in series as I have 24 volts as well as hydraulic drive and I am not going to defend the choice of voltage. I also keep mine as fully charged as possible by boating for around 4 hrs+ a day and then solar panels when left on the moorings