Surveyors in Glos

Windfola

Featured Posts

Can anyone give me the details of reliable independent surveyors based in the Gloucestershire/Bristol area to check out my proposed boat? It is due to come out of the water in October and I will need to arrange a survey then.

Many thanks :cheers:

Can anyone give me the details of reliable independent surveyors based in the Gloucestershire/Bristol area to check out my proposed boat? It is due to come out of the water in October and I will need to arrange a survey then.

You could try Chris Berry - he works in that area. http://www.marinesurveyor.org.uk/marinesurveyorfiles/index.htm

Steve Hand of http://www.handsonmarine.com/ came to Saul in Glos to survey Phoebe for us a couple of years ago and just charged his standard rate of £10 a foot for a full survey. He's a very friendly chap, and I found his survey far easier to understand than others I have read (full of photos he took while doing it, which I found especially helpful), he was also happy for me to keep calling him with questions, even months after the survey.

You could also try David Williams (http://www.marineboatsurvey.co.uk/) who's based near Bristol, he did our Boat Safety examination this year, nice guy, although I found a pre-purchase survey he wrote for some friends of mine harder to understand as a layman than the one Steve did for us.

Mark Loveday. He lives in Chepstow and does all of the West counrty and more. Known him for some years; he's what I call old school and will do a good jo for you, imo. PM me & I will let you have his mobile number. Better than some that are around, again imo.

Steve Hand did ours - would thoroughly recommend him too, if that helps!

Just adding to my wife's recommendation: Steve was recommended to us by a number of people here, and he was brilliant.

He always kept us informed. If I phoned him at an inconvenient time, he told me so and immediately arranged a mutually convenient time to phone back - and kept his word. He worked hard to make sure that we were happy and even took the extra time needed to ensure that as first time boat-owners we had all the information we needed. He didn't 'feed' us information - he gave us both sides of every question and advised us of the consequences of decisions either way. Then he let us make the choice.

We've used Des Fforde from Stroud for our last 2 BSS examinations. His letterhead says he is a marine surveyor and he is a very practical & helpful & easy to get on with chap, (interesting as well as he is an ex Master Mariner). His number is 01453 752598 Mobile 07973 835120 or was in July 08. Might be worth a call.

Steve

Slightly aside topic, we had a BSS examination done by a Bob Naylor based in Devises, really nice chap and we would like to use him again for going on the water next May

Does anyone know if he's still operating? a contact No. we had for him doesn't work. It was 6 7 years ago though.

Slightly aside topic, we had a BSS examination done by a Bob Naylor based in Devises, really nice chap and we would like to use him again for going on the water next May

Does anyone know if he's still operating? a contact No. we had for him doesn't work. It was 6 7 years ago though.

Can only find one Naylor on current list

Clive Naylor. Solihull 01676 533246 :Clive Naylorclive_naylor.jpg

Address: Manor Farm

Bradnocks Marsh Lane

Solihull

West Midlands

B92 0LHLandline: 01676 533246Email: clivebss@hotmail.co.ukOperates in: Warwickshire West Midlands

I pass this information because he operates outside my zone! :lol:

There is a list of registered examinerws in the BSS web site

Edited by Radiomariner

Can only find one Naylor on current list

Clive Naylor. Solihull 01676 533246 :Clive Naylorclive_naylor.jpg

Address: Manor Farm

Bradnocks Marsh Lane

Solihull

West Midlands

B92 0LHLandline: 01676 533246Email: clivebss@hotmail.co.ukOperates in: Warwickshire West Midlands

I pass this information because he operates outside my zone! :lol:

There is a list of registered examinerws in the BSS web site

Definitely not the guy, thanks anyway though.

Maybe he's retired then, but he was definitely from the Devises area.