Lister JP3 Refurb

Boomshanka

Featured Posts

Hi

I have an old Lister JP3 that needs a bit of love, I am going to get it taken out of the boat to have it stripped down and rebuilt and was thinking of using Marine Power Services in Pool, has any one used them before and if so would they recommend or not.

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments from any one that may have used them in the past

Thanks and regards

Will

Hi

I have an old Lister JP3 that needs a bit of love, I am going to get it taken out of the boat to have it stripped down and rebuilt and was thinking of using Marine Power Services in Pool, has any one used them before and if so would they recommend or not.

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments from any one that may have used them in the past

Thanks and regards

Will

Hi Will, welcome to the forum!

No need to repeat your question, this place is very active. You already have some answers on your other thread asking the same question: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40438&pid=733938&st=0entry733938

Cheers, Mike

Hi Will, welcome to the forum!

No need to repeat your question, this place is very active. You already have some answers on your other thread asking the same question: http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40438&pid=733938&st=0entry733938

Cheers, Mike

I spent the morning with Richard Milligan, he tells me that he is going to work on your Gleniffer gearbox - another 'sound' engineer!

I spent the morning with Richard Milligan, he tells me that he is going to work on your Gleniffer gearbox - another 'sound' engineer!

Haha yes that's right, and you are about the ninth person now to recommend him!

He says he should be able to get around to me in about a week. I'm busy gathering as much information about this weird gearbox as I can in the meantime.

Mike

Hi

Thanks and regards

Will

See my reply here ;)

Richard Milligan has a JP4 in his own boat - and a JP1 as an onboard generator.

That's just greedy!

You mean a 9/1 not JP1 ;) unlike the multi cylinder models of the same series, the single never gained the JP prefix.