Oxford :: Boat Fire

grahoom

Featured Posts

Hello,

I no longer live in Oxford - but on the grape vine (well facebook) a friend has reported that a Boat was on fire - Today. Port Meadow.

Boat called Busker - does anyone have any more details?

to quote friend

It was called busker, I saw it from end of port meadow, me girlfriend rang me and said it was in a blaze! And fire rescue were ther! That's all I know?

Yes I know that boat, it sticks in my mind - it's a liveaboard boat moored at the junction of Sheepwash and The Thames - this year and last year we've moored very close to that boat more than once for two or three days at a time, because I'd had to go back to London/ it's close to the station and isn't a time limited visitor mooring.

I hope the owner and his dog was ok. :(

Ok, just been on Twitter,

Clicky

skip to 7.45

Yep, it's the boat we've moored next to.

Edited by Lady Muck
incorrect boat location

Why can't I get to watch it? "Sorry, this programme is not available to watch again."

My guess is that the news slot contained some copyright material and either someone noticed or the copyright owner complained so it was pulled. It was working earlier.

Tony

• 5 weeks later...

Busker was my boat, (I'm female). Me and my dog are safe thank you. The boat belonged in every way to me solely. I have no family to threaten this creep which is why I was the perfect victim for him.

Glad you're both ok must have been really scarey

Busker was my boat, (I'm female). Me and my dog are safe thank you. The boat belonged in every way to me solely. I have no family to threaten this creep which is why I was the perfect victim for him.

I am glad you are both OK and I hope this creep has been removed from circulation.

I have no family to threaten this creep which is why I was the perfect victim for him.

As above, has said creep been placed somewhere safe?

Glad you and doggie are okay :)

Tony

Edited by WotEver

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this the 'Busker' (looks like a rebuilt shell) that has recently arrived at Gunpowder Wharf?

...... or have I got the name wrong (it was written in chalk on the side)

If it's the same boat, it's got a new cabin and is now await a fit out?

gallery_1645_261_164001.jpg