Rayburn SF range

Tomsky

Featured Posts

Hi

Can anyone help with this please?

Does BS8511 apply to the installation of cooking ranges such as Rayburns? If so, this would seem to imply a chimney requirement of over 3 feet due to the height of the range. Any ideas?

Hi

Can anyone help with this please?

Does BS8511 apply to the installation of cooking ranges such as Rayburns? If so, this would seem to imply a chimney requirement of over 3 feet due to the height of the range. Any ideas?

Yes. BS 8511 applies to all solid fuel appliances whether for heating or cooking (only the small trad back cabin ranges are exempt). A liquid fuelled Rayburn would not need to comply (but no doubt there are other docs for them! eg the RCD related ISO 14895.).

The standard for the build/testing of a SF heating appliance is BS EN 13240 but it is BS EN 12815 for a SF cooker. I should think that a newish Rayburn will meet 12815 but if it's an older one you might need to check. (There should be a plate on it somewhere). There may be problems complying with BS 8511 if an appliance doesn't meet 13240 or 12815.

I am not a SF Rayburn expert but it maybe that our illustrious CWDF member wrigglefingers will see this thread and offer you some advice. She is a great fan of SF Rayburns has had at least two boats with them on. Her present one was recently built with BS 8511 very much in mind. If she doesn't appear on here perhaps she may reply to a pm from you?

Richard

Edited by rjasmith

Hi Richard

Why Solid fuel on a boat?

Why have all that hasle? Please visit my website www.vintageranges.com see www.nbsiskin.co

Talk soon

John

Hi

The reason most people have solid fuel on a boat it is quite simply the very best option. If you dont beleive me do a Poll of LIVEABOARDS of say ten plus years and ask how many use solid fuel and why ? :cheers:

Hi Richard

Why Solid fuel on a boat?

Why have all that hasle? Please visit my website www.vintageranges.com see www.nbsiskin.co

Talk soon

John

Erm - I think you are addressing the wrong person. The only person writing in this thread identifying themselves as "Richard" so far is me. My post was attempting to answer questions posed by the OP (Tomsky) who I assume has plans to install a solid fuel Rayburn range and was asking stuff about how to tackle the installation.

I regret to say I am not interested in your product for myself which appears to be a clone of the Heritage oil fired range. I have a friend who has a Heritage on his boat and he is delighted with it. When he told me how much it cost I immediately knew why I had decided not to have one! I imagine your prices are not very different from those of Heritage.

Your type of oil fired fully automatic all singing all dancing range may be fabulous for those that like that sort of thing but as mrsmelly has hinted, many boat folks are rather fond of the simple life and actually prefer the "hasle" (sic) of solid fuel.

Also I think you are breaking the rules of this forum and I see you have been reported from your post in another thread.

Sorry, I won't be talking soon!

Richard

Edited by rjasmith

Erm - I think you are addressing the wrong person. The only person writing in this thread identifying themselves as "Richard" so far is me. My post was attempting to answer questions posed by the OP (Tomsky) who I assume has plans to install a solid fuel Rayburn range and was asking stuff about how to tackle the installation.

I regret to say I am not interested in your product for myself which appears to be a clone of the Heritage oil fired range. I have a friend who has a Heritage on his boat and he is delighted with it. When he told me how much it cost I immediately knew why I had decided not to have one! I imagine your prices are not very different from those of Heritage.

Your type of oil fired fully automatic all singing all dancing range may be fabulous for those that like that sort of thing but as mrsmelly has hinted, many boat folks are rather fond of the simple life and actually prefer the "hasle" (sic) of solid fuel.

Also I think you are breaking the rules of this forum and I see you have been reported from your post in another thread.

Sorry, I won't be talking soon!

Richard

Dear Richard

I am one and the same, the creator and designer of the Heritage range cooker. I have been designing, manufacturing and selling my products since 1983. In 2003, I saw that there was a need to provide the Boat Fraternity with a more convenient, cleaner, responsive ans safer method for providing heating, hot water and cooking. Therefore, I launched my Heritage cookers onto the market at Crick; to great acclaim.

Several years later, the 'un-worthy' I had chosen to be my business partner was to reveal himself!

I immediately re-designed my products and improved many of the key features with regards to build quality, oven sizes etc.

My prices are actually even more favourable than Heritage, as I provide a product with higher value and utilty.

I am not offended you should say my products are a "Clone" of Heritage; a designer reserves the right to make improvements on an earlier concept! You simply did not know the story. We all make mistakes in our judgments of people, I know that!

See www.nbsiskin.com

Best Regards

John

John,

Some of this may be true, however I have yet to meet a single person in the range industry who has a good word to say for you.

I really object to you selling your products on this forum, just go and pay for some marketing like everybody else.

• Greenie 1