Ticky II

W+T

Featured Posts

Now here we go with my next boat to be fixed up, this one should be a lot easyer than `Me n Thee` was, as this is near still fitted out from when it was stood some 18 years ago. It is a Dalescraft 26 built somewhere between 1957 and 1965 in Bradford in Yorkshire i believe, well the plaque on the baot says so, there is very little info on these boats and also a rare boat. If anyone knows anythimng it would be good to find out a little more.

Its a shame it wasnt covered when laid up as if it was the rear deck would be good like the rest, but as it goes it wasnt so it has been open to the elements of good old british weather. I have still not got around to fully lookin git over but before i do dig into it and take a closer look i know the whole rear deck is rotten and will need riping out and the rear bulkhead which is the loo/shower also. Some reason i cant think it will just be that in need of replacement.

The rest from what i have seen is complete and dry, just a sand/clean down and varnish/paint back up, good bit is that the seating casings are made into the hull/superstructure with GRP with ply storage lids, the appliances need replacing , i could maybe fettle them butafter thought i would rather replace them for what its worth.

The part i am looking forward to is the engine, it runs, or ran, a stuart turner p55 8hp inboard petrol engine. This has also not ran for 18 years and was the reason the boat was laid up, the engine will be the biggest mission on this project.

The first job next week will be to filling the engine cylinders with a good free agent to hopwe it will help loosen it up when i remove it and rebuild it at home. Then a good pressurer wash down and if need be i will get oxalic on the job. I will be wanting to weatherproof it asap ready for winter so then i can clean it out etc, all that needs doing is to fit a new window realy and i can cope with a scaffold frame over the rear deck so i can work on it in all weather.

Here she is upto now as she stands, a bit grubby you could say.

tn_IMG_2019.jpg

tn_IMG_2012.jpg

tn_IMG_2016.jpg

tn_IMG_2015.jpg

tn_IMG_2018.jpg

The interior, as you can see there is still a lot there.

The helm and front cabin with V berth

tn_IMG_2007.jpg

tn_IMG_2001.jpg

tn_IMG_2005.jpg

Still has the cupboards fitted

The galley has very little prep space but i will be fitting a table opposite which will make the other 2 berth, just behind the curved didvder in the 2nd pic down.

tn_IMG_2008.jpg

tn_IMG_2000.jpg

tn_IMG_1999.jpg

Here is the engine, fingers crossed i can bring it back to life

tn_IMG_2006.jpg

tn_IMG_1996.jpg

tn_IMG_1997.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...