Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally 25th-26th June

Bones

Featured Posts

Barring disasters we will be there all weekend with Sickle.

Let's hope for better weather than we had at the Stoke Bruerne Gala yesterday, though!

(Did it rain!.....)

Better on Saturday......

Here we are "at play" along with Mike Askin's Victoria.

SickleVictoria.jpg

Mike is also going to be at Braunston, I know, and Chertsey is already positioned nearby, I believe.

Edited by alan_fincher

............(not withstanding the fact that I also have to get her back home - without scratching to much paint off ;) )

Here's hoping you are not having the baseplate included in the blacking, then! :lol:

I'll be there on Ariel with Kerry.

Running south starting from this Friday but actually running past Braunston, to return again the day after. We'll be at Braunston from Friday morning to Sunday midday. Looking forward to it.

Liam

I am planning to be there by boat, but also hoping to have my quarter scale working boat "Eagle" if I can find somewhere to launch her.

If any of you are interested, there are a couple of videos on youtube.

Edited by robkg

Chertsey will be there of course. Still incognito - but now with gunnels! Already got eight passengers for the parade.

I think you will find Chertsey is here now, incognito, only problem is it is facing the wrong way.

If you need a hand when you come to reversing it down give us a shout. :cheers:

Chertsey will be there of course. Still incognito - but now with gunnels! Already got eight passengers for the parade.

I think if we tried 8 passengers on our "floating patio", given how Sickle rolls, we would be pulling them out of the water!

It's all getting a bit embarrassing, as more and more family members and friends are threatening to turn up, some of them pretty elderly, and not at all agile.

It's one thing loading them in the hold of something very stable, but remembering a previous event with people clinging to the rail down the centre of Tycho, without the equivalent rail, I'm not sure we are brave enough to try it with Sickle.

I may have to "borrow" a mud hopper or work flat for passengers, on the way up, if BW have left a suitable one lying around!

I think if we tried 8 passengers on our "floating patio", given how Sickle rolls, we would be pulling them out of the water!

It's all getting a bit embarrassing, as more and more family members and friends are threatening to turn up, some of them pretty elderly, and not at all agile.

It's one thing loading them in the hold of something very stable, but remembering a previous event with people clinging to the rail down the centre of Tycho, without the equivalent rail, I'm not sure we are brave enough to try it with Sickle.

I may have to "borrow" a mud hopper or work flat for passengers, on the way up, if BW have left a suitable one lying around!

Tie a scaffold pole down the middle

Richard

Just told my daughter that I can't pick her up from Falmouth Uni (sigh), so we'll be there but by car on Saturday or Sunday or both days as I don't think there be many moorings available within sensible walking distance.

Looking forward to it

Boatingbiker

Alan, whilst Ariel doesn't roll anywhere near as much as Sickle, a couple of weeks ago I had 7 people on the decked over hold, along with 2 generators, a heap of christmas/fairly lights and a wooden model of pit head gear which was about 10ft tall. Ariel rolled around a bit at first when everybody was getting on, but after everybody sat down, it was fine with no problems at all.

You need to take on a few ton of coal to get the boat down in the water a bit ;)