Wanted - local knowledge of King's Norton

keble

Featured Posts

A Much prettier walk, (if longer and considerably steeper) would be to would be to walk north from the Hopwood House then first right up and over Hopwood Dingle. Right at the t junction onto Redhill Road then first left onto Bracken way. Left at the next t junction onto Londales Road then follow it all the way round until the left turn onto Primrose hill. The first bridge after the tunnel is at the bottom of primrose hill.

B

Edit to add.. Forgot to log Smelly out again. Bagpuss

Edited by Smelly

I hadn't realised hiding under the duvet with Bagpuss was an option. That makes the choice a lot clearer

Richard

<snip>

B

This duvet of yours...

Richard

This duvet of yours...

Richard

Is currently being held to ransom by the cats.. Even I'm not allowed there

B

A Much prettier walk, (if longer and considerably steeper) would be to would be to walk north from the Hopwood House then first right up and over Hopwood Dingle. Right at the t junction onto Redhill Road then first left onto Bracken way. Left at the next t junction onto Londales Road then follow it all the way round until the left turn onto Primrose hill. The first bridge after the tunnel is at the bottom of primrose hill.

B

Whoops, wrong direction.. It's right onto Londales road, not left.. Sorry!

B

Yay, we did it! swmbo sat in the bathroom for first half of the tunnel

then came up for the second half.

all went smoothly, had to pass 2 boats, and had that cloud a little way in. It took 35 minutes.

Turned right onto stratford canal, then got a fright at the next tunnel: just about to enter when I heard a shout and another boat emerged. Poor guy's light failed half way through!

That's enough tunnels for now, Lapworth is next :-)

Yay, we did it! swmbo sat in the bathroom for first half of the tunnel

then came up for the second half.

all went smoothly, had to pass 2 boats, and had that cloud a little way in. It took 35 minutes.

Turned right onto stratford canal, then got a fright at the next tunnel: just about to enter when I heard a shout and another boat emerged. Poor guy's light failed half way through!

That's enough tunnels for now, Lapworth is next :-)

The tunnel on the North Stratford is two way. Why did he shout?

Richard

Went through this 'ere tunnel on Tuesday night. On my approach, I saw a bright light in the tunnel. In fact, VERY bright, so took a picture. I met this boat at 600m in, so presumably at this point, he's 1.2km from the north portal! He had some kind of spotlight on the hatch and the LOUDEST diesel I'd ever heard. I wondered what the hell I was in the tunnel with. Normally I'm not over fond of tunnels due to the reduced visibility, but after we passed the contrast was so great to my previous blindness that it was like travelling in daylight.

WastHillsBastard.jpg