shower drain waste pump

owen

Featured Posts

The advantage that the Whale Gulper has over several other diaghram pumps is that it doesn't require a filter, so no cleaning to do.

Mine is the 220 and I have seen them for sale from internet chandleries for as low as about £85.

FloJet - fit & forget for 18 years +

Just make sure it has a filter before it.

If it has a filter then presumably that will need regular cleaning?

So not really fit and forget?

Edited by blackrose

Whale gulper 220 in our boat. It works very well. I can't see the need for the larger 320 model unless you have a very large amount of water to shift at anyone time. The 220 does 14 litres per minute which is more than enough to stay ahead of the shower units and water throughput on the kind of water systems we have on our boats.

Edited by churchward

thanks all whale gulper 220 purchased cant beat first hand experience

Just found the instruction leaflet for ours at home - it too is a 220 and it works just fine.

I have found that boaters I speak to who use the Whale Gulper pumps say they are superb, and rarely need attention.

I would NOT recommend the type that look like a /tupperware sandwich box and have a small bilge pump and float switch inside. I bought one such shower pump out of ignorance and it is rubbish. I frequently have to clean the stupid thing out to avoid flooding. Never again.

I resolved not to fit a Gulper when first planning a fitout due to the slurping noise it makes but after looking at all the other rubbish I changed my mind. Now I lurve that sound, no danger of forgetting to turn it off.

ETA: plus when I'm having my morning shower I can tell the SoC of the batts by the speed of the pump!

Edited by nb Innisfree

I have found that boaters I speak to who use the Whale Gulper pumps say they are superb, and rarely need attention.

I would NOT recommend the type that look like a /tupperware sandwich box and have a small bilge pump and float switch inside. I bought one such shower pump out of ignorance and it is rubbish. I frequently have to clean the stupid thing out to avoid flooding. Never again.

yep me too .crap . :angry:

I wish I had a gulper :(

The boat came with a sump/floatswitch/impellor pump setup.

Like Alan F, one day I'll get so fed up cleaning the filter and the 'goo' that builds up in the sump that I'll junk it!