new to boating what do i need ?

Joss

Featured Posts

ok i'm new to boating and i've not yer got a boat but what do i need as well as a boat ? like licence how long can a boat go with out inspection, blacking and all the other questions please help ?

:P

ok i'm new to boating and i've not yer got a boat but what do i need as well as a boat ? like licence how long can a boat go with out inspection, blacking and all the other questions please help ?

didn't we tell you all this when you came round? or have you forgot? :P

I guess maybe a read-back of previous threads would help you... then I note where you are and I think.... oh..... yeah... well..... maybe there is a reason.

Reason: failed wind up.

(Apologies for being racist)

Tone

You need everything, including the kitchen sink.

Money

and a sense of humour

Both are compulsory !

BUT it is addictive..

Good luck

Chris

Money

and a sense of humour

Both are compulsory !

BUT it is addictive..

Good luck

Chris

Oh, he's definately got a sense of humour Chris! He's been Smudge's mate for most of his life! ;)

Seriouslly though, he was talking about having a tug deck so that he doesn't have to sell all of his motorbikes so if anyone's got any ideas for him in that direction I'm sure he'd be well chuffed.

ok this is what i know remember from my chat with smudge and purple fairie

a boat that would be a start

A mooring (near purple fairie and smudge so i can go round for a cup of tea )

a licence ????

beer ?

so what have i missed ?

a licence ????

beer ?

so what have i missed ?

To navigate on BW waters (and most others such as EA) the basics, aside from a boat, are a licence, insurance and a valid Boat Safety Certificate (unless the boat is less than four years old)

A mooring is optional but there are rules that are hotly debated on here if you don't have one.

If you moor where Smudge and Purple Fairy live you may not need a BW licence if you never move.

a licence ????

beer ?

so what have i missed ?

Morris K99 grease.

Scotch.

Gin.

Tonic.

A toolkit so heavy that putting it all on your boat in one go will cause it to submerge, or alternatively, a reel of gaffer tape and a big hammer.