Which boats are looking forward to seeing at Crick?

Tiggers

Featured Posts

Crick is drawing closer, and for once, I am going to make sure I get round every boat on show, but where do I start?

Will be interesting to see the turn out this year too, I wonder if Waterways World taking over proceedings will have any impact?

In view of the several builders and resellers saying in adverts in the waterways glossies or on their web-pages, "we will not be at Crick this year", or "we aren't attending any shows this year", it's probably worth you checking that those who do still think it worthwhile represent the ones you actually want to see!......

In view of the several builders and resellers saying in adverts in the waterways glossies or on their web-pages, "we will not be at Crick this year", or "we aren't attending any shows this year", it's probably worth you checking that those who do still think it worthwhile represent the ones you actually want to see!......

And yet Waterways World have been saying they have got more companies booked in for this year than the previous years...

Tiggers I thnk you will struggle to see all the boats exhibited unless you plan very carefully and attend the show for at least the 3 fulldays.

Ref the post above re pre booking slots - some from memory do do this pre show a lot certainly do it during the show itself so to maximize the number of boats seen pre book slots spread across the three days.

Use the bits between to view the boats that don't pre book. Just a note the need to pre book is not indicative of a particular builders quality or otherwise. Some of the nicest boats we have seen at crick (wharf house for example) have not required booked slots - they do get longish ques at busy times so allow for this.

Edited by MJG

As mjg says - some have a booking system - others don't. Our boat was on show @ Crick last year (Wharf house builder) and though the queues were at times frustrating for people - the hardest part was if anyone asked questions whilst in the boat - it created a log jam and an audience! Trying to give people quality time was not always easy.

Most people were good natured and accepted that there were delays.

hope you enjoy your time at the show.

The list of exhibitors expected at this years show is in Canal boat magazine and is on the Crick show web site - the list of builders actually taking boats to exhibit either on the land or on the water looks substantially less than last and previous year.

I may need to therefore amend what I said above as with the sort of numbers that look like they are going to be there it should be possible to see all the boats - certainly over three days...possibly even over two or even one at a push and with good planning.... a lot depends on what else you want to see and do.

PS - nice boat Woollymishka - we really liked the Wharf House boats last year and the year previous...

Thanks MJG - always nice to receive positives (it was a few years in the planning!)

Will be there again this year but just helping Wharf House out as they are a bit short staffed due to illnesses.

Come and say hi if you are around

Cheers

Tim & Jenny

I wouldn't mind having a shufty at Kez's new boat.

Butty is lying next to the hedge of the overflow carpark, in the main field. She's actually in the way of the show's road, but for some reason waterways world weren't keen to take me up on my generous offer to let them pay for a crane to move her...

Have a look by all means, but please don't climb on her as I don't want any kids to get ideas!

If you're passing Crick in the next fortnight, come down and have a proper shufti. I can also offer you a brew and a biscuit :P

The list of exhibitors expected at this years show is in Canal boat magazine and is on the Crick show web site - the list of builders actually taking boats to exhibit either on the land or on the water looks substantially less than last and previous year.

I don't actually have anything to do with organising the show (probably just as well ;) ), but have just done a quick check; last year's press release from the organisers listed 16 builders showing boats, this year's had 26. I think we're up to 29 builders now, some of whom obviously are bringing more than one boat.

I don't actually have anything to do with organising the show (probably just as well ;) ), but have just done a quick check; last year's press release from the organisers listed 16 builders showing boats, this year's had 26. I think we're up to 29 builders now, some of whom obviously are bringing more than one boat.

Looks like a case of some late additions to me - there are now some names on the builders list that weren't there a couple of weeks ago.