Propex blown air heaters

Featured Posts

The firm that makes them are excellent. Mine (in our camper)didn't work so they told me to bring it in and they would get it to work in two hours. It was at least 10yrs old and it was serviced a lot cheaper than a new one would have cost.

Sue

The gas blown air heaters are very quiet in comparison to both Webasto and Ebersplutter. Depending on what gas bottles your boat carries though they can be expensive to run.

We have a Webasto which has a silencer to knock some of the noise out but you can still hear it from outside the boat. Keeps it lovely and warm though.

• 2 months later...

I fitted a Propex Heatsource 2800 in my 62 ft boat just before Christmas 2010.

Fitted under a bed box with vents out through cabin sides. Yes you can hear the fan in the background. But you have to listen for it.

Oh. Forgot to say... Remember how cold it was over Xmas! The Propex heater did a fine job of keeping me warm whilst working on my boat. I had to keep notching the thermostat down time and again.

Very simple to use. A real fit and forget bit of kit.

Looking at the pictures on the Ely Chandlery site, the external fittings appear to be designed for sidewall not roof fitting. Is this what everybody who has one does or has anyone found a way of putting them on the roof? Anybody got pics?

Looking at the pictures on the Ely Chandlery site, the external fittings appear to be designed for sidewall not roof fitting. Is this what everybody who has one does or has anyone found a way of putting them on the roof? Anybody got pics?

I used 3/4 inch scoop fittings (obviously downward facing)to terminate the intake & exhaust on the outside of my cabin sides. £10 for two on Ebay. I didn't see the need for roof fittings.