Pics: 62 ft narrowboat "tug" build

charles123

Featured Posts

Very handsome, and of course the correct choice of engine!

Two things I'd like to know: who built the shell, and did the Alkali Company and their Atlas Works really exist?

That's the same question (about the builder) , I asked in post # 4, but never had the answer, it surely must be kept secret.

Peter.

Whoever built it, it's a beautiful boat :)

Tony

It is rather splendid. I wouldn't have bothered with the R&C;s on the doors but that's just a personal thing.

The lines and especially the paint job and sign writing make it something rather special.

• 4 years later...

Looks like a Tyler Wilson?

Tim Tyler, 2011 smile.pnghttp://rugbyboats.co.uk/listings/meteor-62ft-narrowboat-tug-2011/

"Meteor is a tug style narrowboat completed in 2011, with beautifully detailed steelwork by Tim Tyler and fit out by Dursley & Hurst, with recent additional work by Wharf House Narrowboats at Braunston. Tim Tyler shells are widely regarded as some of the finest fabricated in the narrowboat world, and certainly his eye for fine lines and detail ranks up there with the best."

Edited by dpaws

Tim Tyler, 2011 smile.pnghttp://rugbyboats.co.uk/listings/meteor-62ft-narrowboat-tug-2011/

"Meteor is a tug style narrowboat completed in 2011, with beautifully detailed steelwork by Tim Tyler and fit out by Dursley & Hurst, with recent additional work by Wharf House Narrowboats at Braunston. Tim Tyler shells are widely regarded as some of the finest fabricated in the narrowboat world, and certainly his eye for fine lines and detail ranks up there with the best."

for that price i would hope ohmy.png , i like NB`s but my giddy aunt.

• 1 month later...