looking for a cruising companion

dccruiser

Featured Posts

Hi, It seems that I am in the same situation as you are. As I am also looking for a crew for the next boating season. I am semi retired , my boat is on the Leeds Liverpool at Scarisbrick.

Bobbin

Hi Bobbin, sounds good, how do we comunicate, we need to be able to send emails but trapped within the system. Cheers Don. DUDAD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yes I am interested, I am retired a late 60s male New Zealander, used to boats, but blue water boats. I intend coming over to UK next northern summer and intend to go canal boating. Initially I thought of trying for a holiday swap, a canal boat for my Nissan motor home/bus [drive on a car licence]back in NZ. Or buy a boat. But to go along as assistant on an existing vessel makes more sense. Any ideas, this is my first reply so I don't know if I am getting through or not. Cheers Don

Hi Don I could be of use to you if you want to sail the UK canals in 2012. Link up with me if you wish as my boat may be free with or without me in the Summer of 2012.

Hi Don I could be of use to you if you want to sail the UK canals in 2012. Link up with me if you wish as my boat may be free with or without me in the Summer of 2012.

Hi, sounds great, where is your boat moored? We will have to work out some sort of deal, but all that can come later. Thanks for the reply Don. DUDE

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like a fair idea.I have my own boat and would be interested in travelling with others.Sorry cant share my boat its only 24foot.At the moment im waiting for redundancy then hope to have a few weeks at a time on my boat.I should add that im male and straight.

This seems like a fair idea.I have my own boat and would be interested in travelling with others.Sorry cant share my boat its only 24foot.At the moment im waiting for redundancy then hope to have a few weeks at a time on my boat.I should add that im male and straight.

....and obviously a shy chap: I see that you joined ten months ago but this is your first post. This may be a record! Now you are here, welcome, Happy New year and please feel free to join in.

Edited by Athy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump! still looking !!! now specifically looking for a potential partner only ... and just for carlt's information and any other of the alleged comedians on here ....

This is a very serious advert for a female with no children or ties to accompany me and my dog and cruise around the system.

Rick

Bump! still looking !!! now specifically looking for a potential partner only ... and just for carlt's information and any other of the alleged comedians on here ....

This is a very serious advert for a female with no children or ties to accompany me and my dog and cruise around the system.

Rick

If you had started your trip 17 months ago, when you made your original post, you might have found someone during the voyage.

Sitting around thinking about it might not be the best way of finding a partner? ......... any potential partner might think you are all talk with no *get up and go*

Sorry if you don't find my reply helpful but I have posted with the best intentions.

Good luck and get your finger out!! At 50 (or is it now 51) you should be enjoying your (very early!) retirement whilst you are still healthy, rather than sitting at home waiting for the Grim Reaper ........

Go for it ............... life is too short to miss the opportunity of some long term boating whilst you are still healthy and with no ties.

You might be better looking on dating forums for proposing this trip as opposed to here, that being the case...

Most of the women here already have a partner and/ or boat and are not looking for a blind date.

HAve done that one and had more than one interested party, but unfortunately a lot of those were dreamers, i am sure with a membership as large as this site there are at least a few ladies who are single or solo cruisers who would rather not be .... also why a blind date? surely whoever i meet from whatever site wont know what i look like until we exchange pics ....

Anyway rather than debating the whys and wherefores could anyone genuine single and female please either post on here or pm me all others please keep your opinions to yourselves

thank you

Rick

I am genuine, single and female, and that was my opinion.

I very much doubt you will win like this, my friend, and that is my thought out opinion from my experience on here (forum) and on board (boat) as all of the above..

Edited by Starcoaster

well thank you for your opinion, just glad that there are females who have different ones, or may act in a different manner to my ad. :)

So, once again should there be a single femasle out there with no ties or commitments and a love of canals , who would like to contact me with a view to long term cruising , please feel free to pm me or leave a post on here.

Rick

.. and just for carlt's information and any other of the alleged comedians on here ....

Well just for Rick's information, this thread would have fallen off the board 15 months ago, if the alleged comedians hadn't kept bumping it to the top.

I haven't noticed any keen females keeping the thread alive.

Perhaps you should state that you're looking for someone with 2 GSOHs...Then you can have one each. ;)

• Greenie 1

Yawn .... what a surprise .... not!

had it "fell" of the boards i would have posted a new one when necessary .... notice from my posts a few long priods of absence where i have recieved replies from females through here and other sites and taken time out to explore the possibilities with them.

As for a GSOH i have a wonderful one , laugh at anyone who has the ability to be amusing, just cannot be bothered with those that only think they will give full details and exchange pics with anyone who is genuinly interested.

Rick

As for a GSOH i have a wonderful one , laugh at anyone who has the ability to be amusing, just cannot be bothered with those that only think they will give full details and exchange pics with anyone who is genuinly interested.

Just as well I'm here for my entertainment and not yours then, eh?

I have to say, though, if you'd just written "Grumpy old git is looking for anyone who'll put up with his miserable attitude." you couldn't have made it any clearer.

Lighten up, go boating and you'll meet someone on your travels, just like I did. :)

If you post stuff on a public forum then you'll get all sorts of responses. Being all sour faced about the witty ones doesn't show you in a good light.

Edited by carlt

When a whitty one comes along i will show i am anything but a grumpy old git :P

Rick

Not being a grumpy old git requires not getting arsey about harmless jokes you don't find funny, as well as laughing at those you do.

None of the jokes on this thread have any malicious or offensive content so quite why you've spat the dummy is a mystery...unless portraying yourself as an ill humoured curmudgeon is how to get the ladies, these days.

I met my gorgeous OH whilst bow hauling a pair of rotten old wooden boats down Hillmorton flight, 12 years ago.

For a long time I thought it was my sparkling humour and witty banter that won her heart until she finally told me that it wasn't that at all but it was all down to my amazing lovemaking skills...

Women can be so shallow.

I met my gorgeous OH whilst bow hauling a pair of rotten old wooden boats down Hillmorton flight, 12 years ago.

For a long time I thought it was my sparkling humour and witty banter that won her heart until she finally told me that it wasn't that at all but it was all down to my amazing lovemaking skills...

Women can be so shallow.

Not being a grumpy old git requires not getting arsey about harmless jokes you don't find funny, as well as laughing at those you do.

None of the jokes on this thread have any malicious or offensive content so quite why you've spat the dummy is a mystery...unless portraying yourself as an ill humoured curmudgeon is how to get the ladies, these days.

I was neither getting grumpy or arsey, but it would be really nice if i could put up a genuine advert without it being swamped with comments and alleged humour so that if someone who was genuinly interested came along they would just see my post as intended and not have to trawl through the dross or be too intimidated to reply.

I notice a new menber on the site tried the same and hasnt been seen since as he obviously thought whats the point trying to put out a genuine advert only to be berated ... it is such a shame that all the long standing members on here , rather than employing their time helping and advising others and keeping their humor in the relevant threads or excercising it in chat where others have a choice to subject themselves to it , instead trawl every thread to pick up on anything they can possibly take the p*ss out of, i know it has been said so many times before but some people are too thick skinned or feel that their post count somehow gives them a right to do this and even though it has cost the site more than a few members and also made all too many people think twice about posting it still goes on, if anything in the years i have been on here it has got far worse mores the pity.

Still i guess if you are just sat on a boat hour on hour and never actually go anywhere and your life is so shallow this is the only feeling of importance or this is the only attention you get you will all carry on in the same vein, so rather than feeling arsey towards you i actually feel pity and i can only put your actions down to jealousy as i am retired and will be continually cruising this year and every year from here on in until i am too old and knackered, so for the fact i have been on here a number of years now i would appreciate the opportunity to put a genuine advert on the crew swap thread that only requires a response from the person i am aiming it at.

Thank you

Rick

• Greenie 3

I was neither getting grumpy or arsey, but it would be really nice if i could put up a genuine advert without it being swamped with comments and alleged humour so that if someone who was genuinly interested came along they would just see my post as intended and not have to trawl through the dross or be too intimidated to reply.

I notice a new menber on the site tried the same and hasnt been seen since as he obviously thought whats the point trying to put out a genuine advert only to be berated ... it is such a shame that all the long standing members on here , rather than employing their time helping and advising others and keeping their humor in the relevant threads or excercising it in chat where others have a choice to subject themselves to it , instead trawl every thread to pick up on anything they can possibly take the p*ss out of, i know it has been said so many times before but some people are too thick skinned or feel that their post count somehow gives them a right to do this and even though it has cost the site more than a few members and also made all too many people think twice about posting it still goes on, if anything in the years i have been on here it has got far worse mores the pity.

Still i guess if you are just sat on a boat hour on hour and never actually go anywhere and your life is so shallow this is the only feeling of importance or this is the only attention you get you will all carry on in the same vein, so rather than feeling arsey towards you i actually feel pity and i can only put your actions down to jealousy as i am retired and will be continually cruising this year and every year from here on in until i am too old and knackered, so for the fact i have been on here a number of years now i would appreciate the opportunity to put a genuine advert on the crew swap thread that only requires a response from the person i am aiming it at.

Thank you

Rick

Well said Rick, shame Im a working single mum that lives in a house, but I do have my own GRP boat...which I like to spend my spare time on. Its best to just ignore those that seem unhelpful and just carry on regardless, they love the attention and confrontation.

You will find what your looking for one day...well thats what I keep saying to myself

Cheers and good luck :cheers: