conservatories on narrowboats!!!!!

Ally

Featured Posts

I have just received a (serious) letter from a company who have patented a design for Conservatories to go on top of narrowboats!!!! :banghead:

These are 'collapsable' and can be 'hydraulically moved sideways' when collapsed to get under low bridges! :unsure:

They suggest a size of 3.6mx1.8m floor and 1.9m high!!

Is it just me or do others think this could be a tad strange?????????? The weight alone is something of a worry.

They are currently looking for guinea pigs to build these....any offers???????? :lol:

• Greenie 1

Or, in the immortal words of a well know tennis player ---- I don't believe it...

:lol:

Very neat, Luc!

Ally, I reckon this thread should be filed alongside "Crazy new EU regulation" which fooled some of us a week or so ago.

I have just received a (serious) letter from a company who have patented a design for Conservatories to go on top of narrowboats!!!! :banghead:

These are 'collapsable' and can be 'hydraulically moved sideways' when collapsed to get under low bridges! :unsure:

Is it just me or do others think this could be a tad strange?????????? The weight alone is something of a worry.

They are currently looking for guinea pigs to build these....any offers????????

I think that some boaters call them wheelhouses don't they? :lol:

They are currently looking for guinea pigs to build these....any offers???????? :lol:

Do they do them in blue? :unsure:

Very neat, Luc!

Ally, I reckon this thread should be filed alongside "Crazy new EU regulation" which fooled some of us a week or so ago.

No, this is very real...go look at the patent...number is a few posts back, just google Intellectual property office, then check the number through! I am still gobsmacked they are seriously approaching boatbuilders!

Sorry, rubbish at links and pics....waiting on Liam to get a pic up!!! :blush:

Edited by Ally